Workflow

Jimmie Houchin-3
Hello,

I am about to start working on a website that I would like to use Scribo
for.
I will need some workflow in this web app.

Does Scribo have any workflow at this time? How about SPM?

I've even considered using SPM as a starting place. Will SPM be
available soon?

To my understanding, SPM is an app built on top of Scribo? Therefore all
of Scribo is available to SPM?

If there is no workflow presently available in Aida/Scribo any wisdom
would be greatly appreciated.

What would be the best way to proceed so that it would be possible to
incorporate into Aida/Scribo should it be a desirable option to the
community?

I am not sure on my capacity to deliver anything due to time and
possibly skills. But I am happy to follow advise on implementation so
that should it be suitable and desirable it can be used by others.

Any wisdom appreciated.

Thanks.

Jimmie

Re: Workflow

Nicolas Petton
Le dimanche 17 août 2008 à 18:18 -0500, Jimmie Houchin a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am about to start working on a website that I would like to use Scribo
> for.

Good idea ;) If you wait a week or so, a beta should be released.

> I will need some workflow in this web app.
>
> Does Scribo have any workflow at this time?

It depends...what are your needs exactly?

>  How about SPM?
>
> I've even considered using SPM as a starting place. Will SPM be
> available soon?

I don't know yet. I would like to make SPM work with MC2, and add a
multi-projects support, like SqueakSource. If you want to help, you are
welcome.

> To my understanding, SPM is an app built on top of Scribo? Therefore all
> of Scribo is available to SPM?

That's right. All of Scribo works in SPM, including Scriblets, blog, and
so on.

Cheers!

Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: Workflow

Jimmie Houchin-3
nico wrote:

> Le dimanche 17 août 2008 à 18:18 -0500, Jimmie Houchin a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am about to start working on a website that I would like to use Scribo
>> for.
>
> Good idea ;) If you wait a week or so, a beta should be released.
>
>> I will need some workflow in this web app.
>>
>> Does Scribo have any workflow at this time?
>
> It depends...what are your needs exactly?

This is a website for my Church's worship team. Workflow needs are very
simple.

The leader selects a group of people for the band, choir, whomever may
be involved in a music set. The list of songs, and people is emailed to
all participants. Each of the participants then verify whether or not
they are able to participate.

If a member is not able to participate, then the next person in the list
of members for that position is emailed and participation requested. The
team leader is emailed results of the acceptance of the participants.

There will also be workflow of documents.

Editing and creation of songs in a process of verification before being
approved to be placed on the website. Etc.

>>  How about SPM?
>>
>> I've even considered using SPM as a starting place. Will SPM be
>> available soon?
>
> I don't know yet. I would like to make SPM work with MC2, and add a
> multi-projects support, like SqueakSource. If you want to help, you are
> welcome.

My thought was that possibly SPM would be a place that could be started
that allowed a potential project and workflow management of the song
(document) processing above.

People could issues tickets as to typos and errors in the existent pdf
documents or mp3s on the website. And a process put into place to deal
with the issues.

So my use would not be code or software development at all.

And all that I develop will be open source and available.

I want and will be working towards some of the features as described in
Plone4Artists. http://www.plone4artists.org
Screencast describing the software is on the above page.

And at some point improve social networking amongst team members.

>> To my understanding, SPM is an app built on top of Scribo? Therefore all
>> of Scribo is available to SPM?
>
> That's right. All of Scribo works in SPM, including Scriblets, blog, and
> so on.

Super!

Presently I can't think of a better tool for my task ahead than
Squeak/Aida/Scribo. There are some solutions that are ready to use
(somewhat). And I have strongly considered Plone. But I really believe
that I end up with a better, more maintainable and enjoyable experience
building this up with Scribo.

So in the building of this website, I might be firing lots of questions
yours and Janko's way. Leaning on the experience and knowledge of you
professionals. :)

Thanks.

Jimmie