Would like to contribute for Moose

Wadin Jonathan
Hello,

I'm student from France. I would like to participate in an open source project in Pharo.
Moose project looks interesting. I'm noob in Pharo.

How can I start to help you ?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Jonathan Wadin.

Re: Would like to contribute for Moose

SergeStinckwich
Hi Jonathan.
Welcome in the MOOSE community.

We are you located ?
What is your interests regarding MOOSE ?

Regards,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Wadin Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm student from France. I would like to participate in an open source
> project in Pharo.
> Moose project looks interesting. I'm noob in Pharo.
>
> How can I start to help you ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jonathan Wadin.

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Would like to contribute for Moose

abergel
Hi Jonathan,

There are plenty of things to do. But can you give us a starting point?
I am mainly working on Roassal, the visualization engine for Moose. I can do a topic if needed...

Alexandre
Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

On Jan 5, 2015, at 12:48 PM, Wadin Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I'm student from France. I would like to participate in an open source project in Pharo.
Moose project looks interesting. I'm noob in Pharo.

How can I start to help you ?

Thank you,

Best regards,

Jonathan Wadin.

Re: Would like to contribute for Moose

Wadin Jonathan

I come from Villeneuve d'Ascq in north of France. I'm student in Lille 1 University and my teacher is Dr. Stephane Ducasse.
I just check Moose website and I find that is really interesting to work on software engineering and pharo.

How can I start to help your community ?
I check your bug tracker but there isn't lot of recently reported bug.

Thank you for your answer,

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan.
Welcome in the MOOSE community.

We are you located ?
What is your interests regarding MOOSE ?

Regards,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Wadin Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm student from France. I would like to participate in an open source
> project in Pharo.
> Moose project looks interesting. I'm noob in Pharo.
>
> How can I start to help you ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jonathan Wadin.

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Would like to contribute for Moose

Wadin Jonathan
Hi Alexandre,

That will be nice if you can give to me one topic about Roassal or Moose. That will be help me to dive in the code.
I'm interesting about everything in Roassal or Moose. I can test or whatever...

Thank you.

I come from Villeneuve d'Ascq in north of France. I'm student in Lille 1 University and my teacher is Dr. Stephane Ducasse.
I just check Moose website and I find that is really interesting to work on software engineering and pharo.

How can I start to help your community ?
I check your bug tracker but there isn't lot of recently reported bug.

Thank you for your answer,

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan.
Welcome in the MOOSE community.

We are you located ?
What is your interests regarding MOOSE ?

Regards,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Wadin Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm student from France. I would like to participate in an open source
> project in Pharo.
> Moose project looks interesting. I'm noob in Pharo.
>
> How can I start to help you ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jonathan Wadin.

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Would like to contribute for Moose

abergel
I will reply you not on the list.

On Jan 5, 2015, at 2:29 PM, Wadin Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

That will be nice if you can give to me one topic about Roassal or Moose. That will be help me to dive in the code.
I'm interesting about everything in Roassal or Moose. I can test or whatever...

Thank you.

I come from Villeneuve d'Ascq in north of France. I'm student in Lille 1 University and my teacher is Dr. Stephane Ducasse.
I just check Moose website and I find that is really interesting to work on software engineering and pharo.

How can I start to help your community ?
I check your bug tracker but there isn't lot of recently reported bug.

Thank you for your answer,

Regards,

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan.
Welcome in the MOOSE community.

We are you located ?
What is your interests regarding MOOSE ?

Regards,

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:48 PM, Wadin Jonathan <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm student from France. I would like to participate in an open source
> project in Pharo.
> Moose project looks interesting. I'm noob in Pharo.
>
> How can I start to help you ?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jonathan Wadin.

Serge Stinckwich
UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Would like to contribute for Moose

Offray
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to this community. I'm in a similar position to you, because I'm
a newbie in Moose/Pharo, but I'm also not a developer.

I would like to share my project with you. Its called
"Grafoscopio"[1][2] it really my first attempt to build something is
Pharo/Smalltalk (besides eToys, BotsInc), so it's full of rookie code
and errors but may be it can be useful for some inspiration or talk
between you and Alexandre.

[1] http://smalltalkhub.com/#!/~Offray/Grafoscopio/
[2] http://mutabit.com/deltas/repos.fossil/grafoscopio/index

My idea with Grafoscopio is to explore ways of bridging the gap between
developers and users.

Moose/Pharo has a developer centered experience and elsewhere you can
see a lof of apps with a user centered experience (Pratch and DrGeo are
"apps" build to bridge that gap "indirectly" and are oriented mainly
towards kids). My idea is to build a interactive documentation "app" on
top of Moose that departs itself from the "What You See Is What You Get"
(WYSIWYG) metaphor and instead tries an *Iceberg Metaphor*: "What You
See Is Only The Surface Of What You Have", that happens in most of the
writing/visualization processes. For that I have created an tree-like
interface to write that exports from Moose to markdown and pdf documents
(using pandoc). I have wrote about this idea previously in the context
of IPython on [3], but Moose/Roassal was my way to put this idea into
practice.

[3] http://mutabit.com/mutabit/default/wiki/ipython-deepness

The idea is to extend this basic functionality to support:

a. Tagged nodes for code/doc and hidden parts of the document and
special processing of sub-nodes while exporting to web/pdf.
b. Automatic fossil[4] storage for collaboration and versioning (The
slqlite's author says that sqlite tries to replace fopen() not
Postgresl[4]).
c. Modes, so the interface can change according to kind of document
we're writing/viewing
d. Zotero integration.
e. Models to make simulations or particular visualizations.

Features a to d have preliminary "dirty" support in real alpha stage.

[4]
http://www.pgcon.org/2014/schedule/attachments/319_PGCon2014OpeningKeynote.pdf

Hopefully when "non-dev people" start to write documentation "inside"
Pharo/Moose they will appreciate the powerful ideas behind it and the
continuity of the experience about objects all the way down and when
they see that the same language that let's them to run a script also can
be used to redefine their own experience they will push the envelope
about what can be done with the computer. Start with (interactive)
documents and to end with objects, fluid interface and moldable tools to
refine the whole experience.

Last year I had a very busy end of year, so I went unable to polish the
code or answering mails about it, but this year I hope to have more room
for this project. It's still a young project with almost six months of
noncontinuous work since I wrote my first line of it, but has been
really a interesting learning experience.

I Hope this helps as some kind of inspiration about some project you
would like to build with Moose.

Cheers,

Offray