Wrapped OCX cant execute methods

Sebastián Sastre
Hi there,

 I'm trying to evaluate a set of OCX (for embedding video and image
capture capabilities to a dolphin application) and I'm having the same
annoying result. Every message I send to an instance of the main OCX
object, is giving this "Catastrofic Error".

  Some of wich I tried are:

    Viscom ->     Videocap        (aVIDEOCAPLib_DVideoCap>>aboutBox)
    Fathsoft ->      VideoCapX    (aVIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX>>aboutBox)
    Marvelsoft ->   VideoOCX     (aVIDEOOCXLib_DVideoOCX>>init)

   of course I've registered the ocx files previously to the tests. I
even made a test to see if the examples runs in VB6 and they do, but in
dolphin, right now I cant event diagnose what is going on.

   It can be somethig in the configuration of the system? exists then
posibility of the ActiveX wizard had not wrapped the ocx right? what
I'm missing?

   thanks,

Sebastian

PD:  I paste some samples of the .errors in one of this evaluations
--------------
19:00:02, Sábado, 26 de Agosto de 2006: Unhandled exception - a
Win32Error('Error catastrófico (16rFFFF: Error catastrófico)')

VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:retVal:
VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:
VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX(IDispatch)>>getPropertyId:
VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX>>connected
UndefinedObject>>{unbound}doIt

19:59:06, Sábado, 26 de Agosto de 2006: Unhandled exception - a
Win32Error('Error catastrófico (16rFFFF: Error catastrófico)')

VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:retVal:
VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:
VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:
VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX>>aboutBox
VIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX>>{unbound}doIt

19:54:43, Sábado, 26 de Agosto de 2006: Unhandled exception - a
Win32Error('Error catastrófico (16rFFFF: Error catastrófico)')

VIDEOCAPLib_DVideoCap(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:retVal:
VIDEOCAPLib_DVideoCap(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:
VIDEOCAPLib_DVideoCap(IDispatch)>>invokeId:
VIDEOCAPLib_DVideoCap>>aboutBox
VIDEOCAPLib_DVideoCap>>{unbound}doIt

19:52:49, Sábado, 26 de Agosto de 2006: Unhandled exception - a
Win32Error('Error catastrófico (16rFFFF: Error catastrófico)')

VIDEOOCXLib_DVideoOCX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:retVal:
VIDEOOCXLib_DVideoOCX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:flags:parms:
VIDEOOCXLib_DVideoOCX(IDispatch)>>invokeId:
VIDEOOCXLib_DVideoOCX>>init
VIDEOOCXLib_DVideoOCX>>{unbound}doIt

Re: Wrapped OCX cant execute methods

Eric Taylor
Sebastian,

Where are trying to test the control? In a workspace? In a Presenter?

Cheers,

Eric

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Sebastián,

>  I'm trying to evaluate a set of OCX (for embedding video and image
> capture capabilities to a dolphin application) and I'm having the same
> annoying result. Every message I send to an instance of the main OCX
> object, is giving this "Catastrofic Error".
>
>   Some of wich I tried are:
>
>     Viscom ->     Videocap        (aVIDEOCAPLib_DVideoCap>>aboutBox)
>     Fathsoft ->      VideoCapX    (aVIDEOCAPXLib_DVideoCapX>>aboutBox)
>     Marvelsoft ->   VideoOCX     (aVIDEOOCXLib_DVideoOCX>>init)
>
>    of course I've registered the ocx files previously to the tests. I
> even made a test to see if the examples runs in VB6 and they do, but in
> dolphin, right now I cant event diagnose what is going on.
>
>    It can be somethig in the configuration of the system? exists then
> posibility of the ActiveX wizard had not wrapped the ocx right? what
> I'm missing?

Have you tried testing it in the active x conrol browser?  My first
guess is that the control is expecting to be hosted in a control site
and that you have simply instantiated and started invoking methods.
Some controls are happy that way, others are not.

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Wrapped OCX cant execute methods

Sebastián Sastre
You're right Bill. This case is the one you are mentioning ant it needs
an AXControlSite to be correctly instantiated.

Now I'm making a presenter with the image/video capture capabilities.

thanks a lot,

Sebastian