Write documentation with wiki like syntax -- how do I activate the rendering?

Write documentation with wiki like syntax -- how do I activate the rendering?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

The Pharo 6.1 help system has an entry
    'Write documentation with wiki like syntax'   [1]

If I follow these instructions my book  named 'The name of the book I
want to write'

appears in as an entry in the list.

But the wiki content is not rendered.

Which additional steps are needed so that the wiki content is rendered?

I want to get a result such as  the 'Welcome to Pharo 6' page, see screen shot.

Thank you for the answer in advance.

Hannes

[1]  Usage:

- Create a class-side method on the class you want to put documentation.
- Add the pragma <wikiStyleHelp:> with the title of the book as parameter
- The method should answer the documentation as a String (using Pier
syntax. See http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax ).

Example:

MyClass class>>aMethod
        <wikiStyleHelp: #'The name of the book I want to write'>
        ^ '
 ! Section 1

 Some text for this section

 !! Subsection 1.1
 !!! Subsection 1.1.1
 !! Subsection 1.2
 ! Section 2'

Help_window_welcome_to_pharo_6.0_Screenshot_2017-09-04.png (78K) Download Attachment

Re: Write documentation with wiki like syntax -- how do I activate the rendering?

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. wiki syntax rendering does not work in

a) an image where Pillar is not installed.
b) an image where Pillar is installed.

Should <wikiStyleHelp> work in Pharo 6.0/6.1 or is the implementation
planned for a later version?

On 9/4/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello
>
> The Pharo 6.1 help system has an entry
>     'Write documentation with wiki like syntax'   [1]
>
> If I follow these instructions my book  named 'The name of the book I
> want to write'
>
> appears in as an entry in the list.
>
> But the wiki content is not rendered.
>
> Which additional steps are needed so that the wiki content is rendered?
>
> I want to get a result such as  the 'Welcome to Pharo 6' page, see screen
> shot.
>

> Thank you for the answer in advance.
>
> Hannes
>

> [1]  Usage:
>
> - Create a class-side method on the class you want to put documentation.
> - Add the pragma <wikiStyleHelp:> with the title of the book as parameter
> - The method should answer the documentation as a String (using Pier
> syntax. See http://www.piercms.com/doc/syntax ).
>

> Example:
>
> MyClass class>>aMethod
>         <wikiStyleHelp: #'The name of the book I want to write'>
>         ^ '
>  ! Section 1
>
>  Some text for this section
>
>  !! Subsection 1.1
>  !!! Subsection 1.1.1
>  !! Subsection 1.2
>  ! Section 2'

Re: Write documentation with wiki like syntax -- how do I activate the rendering?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi Hannes

I do not know. I do not remember who wrote this help.

Stef