Write documentation with wiki like syntax -- how do I activate the rendering?

Write documentation with wiki like syntax -- how do I activate the rendering?

Torsten Bergmann
Hi Hannes,

make sure
 - it is a class side method
 - you have no spaces before the ! marks
 - you reopen the help browser

then it works and creates subtopics. See screenshot attached.

Bye
T.

help.png (96K) Download Attachment

Re: Write documentation with wiki like syntax -- how do I activate the rendering?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Torsten

Thank you for the demo that it is actually possible to make it work!
Thus I managed to build help topics for my app.
It really very easy to add help topics!

The source of the error was that I had spaces before the ! marks which
mark a section title.

Reason is that I had just copied the wiki text example from the help
text to do the test.
So this is clearly a bug leading people to think that wiki style help
does not work.  See at the bottom for a wiki string which works (just
spaces removed in front of !) [1]

Good that this is compatible with the Pillar syntax which I am using
for other things.
It offers many options, for example the class side method #helpString
can pull out part or the whole of the class comment.

Regards
Hannes

[1]
Example of wiki style help text to be added on the class side
The help browser parses this text when being opened

Notes
- There are no spaced in front of the ! marks
- The class WikiStyleHelpBuilder does the job of parsing a subset of
   the Pillar/Pier syntax and building up the help nodes tree.

helpString
        <wikiStyleHelp: #'My help book'>
        ^ '
! Section 1