Writing ConfigurationOf depending on beyond bleeding edge code

Writing ConfigurationOf depending on beyond bleeding edge code

Pierce Ng-3
I've put up code for JSON-RPC (server only for now, tested with some Python
client) on SS3. The code uses Sven's excellent Zinc and NeoJSON libraries. I'm
now writing a ConfigurationOf.

The current release of NeoJSON, going by its ConfigurationOf, has
Neo-JSON-Core-Sven.27. However, I am using Neo-JSON-Core-Sven.29, which
has NeoJSONWriter>>writeNil: required by the JSON-RPC spec.

How should I express this dependency in JSON-RPC's ConfigurationOf? At present
it looks like this (monkey-see monkey-do using some other configuration):

  spec project: 'NeoJSON' with: [
    spec className: 'ConfigurationOfNeoJSON';
    loads: #('Core');
    repository: ... ]

Thanks.

Maybe if Sven reads this he can mark .29 as the stable release. That'll work
too. :-)

Pierce

Re: Writing ConfigurationOf depending on beyond bleeding edge code

stepharo
Normally you can use versionString:

Le 29/3/15 05:20, Pierce Ng a écrit :

> I've put up code for JSON-RPC (server only for now, tested with some Python
> client) on SS3. The code uses Sven's excellent Zinc and NeoJSON libraries. I'm
> now writing a ConfigurationOf.
>
> The current release of NeoJSON, going by its ConfigurationOf, has
> Neo-JSON-Core-Sven.27. However, I am using Neo-JSON-Core-Sven.29, which
> has NeoJSONWriter>>writeNil: required by the JSON-RPC spec.
>
> How should I express this dependency in JSON-RPC's ConfigurationOf? At present
> it looks like this (monkey-see monkey-do using some other configuration):
>
>    spec project: 'NeoJSON' with: [
>      spec className: 'ConfigurationOfNeoJSON';
>      loads: #('Core');
             versionString: but it should be the tag version

>      repository: ... ]
>
> Thanks.
>
> Maybe if Sven reads this he can mark .29 as the stable release. That'll work
> too. :-)
>
> Pierce

Re: Writing ConfigurationOf depending on beyond bleeding edge code

Thierry Goubier
Le 29/03/2015 10:29, stepharo a écrit :
> Normally you can use versionString:

But only if the configuration has such a version; this does not allow
you to choose the version of a single package.

Unless you specifically load Neo-JSON-Core and not 'Core' from
ConfigurationOfNeoJSON ?

Thierry

> Le 29/3/15 05:20, Pierce Ng a écrit :
>> I've put up code for JSON-RPC (server only for now, tested with some
>> Python
>> client) on SS3. The code uses Sven's excellent Zinc and NeoJSON
>> libraries. I'm
>> now writing a ConfigurationOf.
>>
>> The current release of NeoJSON, going by its ConfigurationOf, has
>> Neo-JSON-Core-Sven.27. However, I am using Neo-JSON-Core-Sven.29, which
>> has NeoJSONWriter>>writeNil: required by the JSON-RPC spec.
>>
>> How should I express this dependency in JSON-RPC's ConfigurationOf? At
>> present
>> it looks like this (monkey-see monkey-do using some other configuration):
>>
>>    spec project: 'NeoJSON' with: [
>>      spec className: 'ConfigurationOfNeoJSON';
>>      loads: #('Core');
>              versionString: but it should be the tag version
>>      repository: ... ]
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Maybe if Sven reads this he can mark .29 as the stable release.
>> That'll work
>> too. :-)
>>
>> Pierce

Re: Writing ConfigurationOf depending on beyond bleeding edge code

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Pierce,

> On 29 Mar 2015, at 05:20, Pierce Ng <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Maybe if Sven reads this he can mark .29 as the stable release. That'll work
> too. :-)

Done !

Anything for my users ;-)

Sven

PS: I had forgotten about this, next time, ping me sooner.

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 11:43:53AM +0200, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
> Done !
> PS: I had forgotten about this, next time, ping me sooner.

Thanks! Will do.

Pierce