Wrong method source pointer in Squeak5.2

1 message Options

Wrong method source pointer in Squeak5.2

Max Leske

Hi,

We have an issue in Seaside where a loaded test method holds a bad source pointer. We only noticed because this method accesses the debugger map.

How to reproduce:

  1. clone SmalltalkCI: git clone [hidden email]:hpi-swa/smalltalkCI.git
  2. clone Seaside: git clone [hidden email]:SeasideSt/Seaside.git; git checkout 9cb54a7b14cd254ef318294905c4e8dda8dd9f79
  3. install Seaside in Squeak5.2: <path to SmalltalkCI>/run.sh --headful -s Squeak-5.2 <path to Seaside>/.smalltalk.ston
  4. Run the test WAPharoDebuggerTest>>testNamedTempAt and you'll see a debugger pop up for an UndeclaredVariable. The source lookup is performed in the changes file but in the middle of a chunk of binary (font) data.

I can can only speculate that some of that binary data introduces random chunks which messes with the offsets.

We're adding a workaround for that particular test for now.

Let me know if I can help track down the issue.

Cheers,
Max