[XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
It just needs a div to validate,

WAFormTag>>before

 defaultAction ifNil: [^nil].
 canvas
        div:
                [(canvas submitButton)
                        callback: defaultAction;
                        value: 'Default';
                        style: 'position: absolute; top: -100em';
                        with: nil.
                (canvas textInput)
                        callback: [:v | ];
                        style: 'position: absolute; top: -100em']

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Re: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Lukas Renggli
> It just needs a div to validate,

This is fixed in 2.8a1-232. Thanks for reporting.

It is always a bit dangerous that fixes posted to the mailing-list get
lost. We should once check in the archive if there are fixes that have
never been integrated. I would prefer them to get published to Squeak
Mantis in the Seaside category or directly to Squeak repository on
SqueakSource.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

I should just figure out how to publish code from squeak one day and then I wouldn't have to bug you guys anymore. Quick 3 minute crash course at STS perhaps?

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)

Re: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Michel Bany

On 28 Mar 2007, at 17:02 , Boris Popov wrote:

I should just figure out how to publish code from squeak one day and then I wouldn't have to bug you guys anymore. Quick 3 minute crash course at STS perhaps?

Cheers!

Boris,

I'm currently working on integrating your fix(es) into 2.6b1 and 2.7a1, then propagate them to VW 7.5 and to Store.
Here is the list
- renamed variables so that 2.7a1 can be loaded
- #setSelectionFrom:to: added to textarea tag (canvas)
- multi selection support for the select tag (classic)
- unit tests for html production (canvas)
- Boris Popov fix to the form tag (canvas)
- Boris Popov fixes to the select tag (canvas) :
-- enablement block
-- ensure only one item marked as selected
Might be ready tomorrow,
Cheers,
Michel.

Re: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Re: [Seaside] [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Excellent thanks. There's usually no rush to do them, but its great that you do it so quickly and they don't get lost. I keep everything I do as overrides anyway and check once in a while to see if new base versions become the same.

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)

Re: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Lukas Renggli
> I should just figure out how to publish code from squeak one day and then I
> wouldn't have to bug you guys anymore. Quick 3 minute crash course at STS
> perhaps?

Unfortunately I won't be at STS this year.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Smalltalk Solutions

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Smalltalk Solutions

That brings up an interesting question, who else is coming to STS this year?

Cheers!

-Boris
(Sent from a BlackBerry)

> I should just figure out how to publish code from squeak one day and then I
> wouldn't have to bug you guys anymore. Quick 3 minute crash course at STS
> perhaps?

Unfortunately I won't be at STS this year.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Smalltalk Solutions

Dale
James Foster and I will be giving a presentation on Seaside and Gemstone
at Smalltalk Solutions.

Dale

Boris Popov wrote:

>That brings up an interesting question, who else is coming to STS this
>year?
>
>Cheers!
>
>-Boris
>(Sent from a BlackBerry)

Seaside BOF?

Carl Gundel
Is there a Seaside BOF being organized at StS?

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com

Re: Smalltalk Solutions

William Harford

Thanks to the hard work of Chris Cunnington we have been able to
secure a Squeak booth on the exhibition floor. I will be there
volunteering to help run the booth and answer any question people
might have about Squeak/Seaside in a commercial environment.  We will
have a couple of stations/laptops set up for demos and such.

If anyone would like to join us and run the booth for a couple hours
we are looking for more volunteers.

Thanks
Will

On Mar 28, 2007, at 12:22 PM, Boris Popov wrote:

> That brings up an interesting question, who else is coming to STS
> this year?
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris
> (Sent from a BlackBerry)

Re: Smalltalk Solutions

Chad Fowler-2
On 3/28/07, Boris Popov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> That brings up an interesting question, who else is coming to STS this year?
>
>  Cheers!

I'll be there.  I'm a lurker on the list and more of a fan than user
of Seaside (I'll ironically be speaking on Rails at the conference),
but I'm really interested in hanging out with Seaside users and
learning.

Chad

Re: Seaside BOF?

Chris Cunnington-5

> Is there a Seaside BOF being organized at StS?
>
> -Carl Gundel
> http://www.runbasic.com

Hi Carl,

The Squeak booth is entitled to a space for a Birds of a Feather session.
You are more than welcome to have this space to set one up. I can give you
all the details. Owing to the things I have to plan at the moment my
interest in organizing anything else is zero. Let me know if you want the
room.

Chris Cunnington

Re: Smalltalk Solutions

Carl Gundel
On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:22:01 -0700 "Boris Popov" <[hidden email]>
wrote:

>That brings up an interesting question, who else is coming to STS this
year?

>Cheers!

I will be there as will my partner Scott McLaughlin.

-Carl Gundel
http://www.runbasic.com

Re: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Michel Bany

I'm currently working on integrating your fix(es) into 2.6b1 and 2.7a1, then propagate them to VW 7.5 and to Store.
Here is the list
- renamed variables so that 2.7a1 can be loaded
- #setSelectionFrom:to: added to textarea tag (canvas)
- multi selection support for the select tag (classic)
- unit tests for html production (canvas)
- Boris Popov fix to the form tag (canvas)
- Boris Popov fixes to the select tag (canvas) :
-- enablement block
-- ensure only one item marked as selected
Might be ready tomorrow,

Hi Boris,
I just published 2.6b1.135.0 with your fixes integrated.
While at it, I also integrated an implementation for your unit test ideas.
See WARenderCanvasTestCase, subclasses are unit test examples.
Let me know if you find any mistake or omission.
Thanks,
Michel.

RE: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I'll check it out, thanks!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

RE: [XHTML] WAFormTag>>before

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Michel,

All looks good so far. One quick comment about test cases, however, is
that what I ended up doing here is slightly different. Instead of
subclassing a specific testcase to do rendering passes, I pepper
existing test cases with rendering checks whenever I care to do it.
Here's a drill,

c := MyComponent new.
self assertString: (self render: c) equals: '<a
href="&amp;1">200.00</a>'

where,

TestCase>>render: aComponent
 | html |
 html := WARenderCanvas empty.
 aComponent renderContentOn: html.
 ^html contents

You could even refactor that down to,

self assertRender: c equals: '<a href="&amp;1">200.00</a>'

where,

TestCase>>assertRender: aComponent equals: aString
 | html |
 html := WARenderCanvas empty.
 aComponent renderContentOn: html.
 self assertString: html contents equals: aString

and,

TestCase>>assertString: a equals: b
 a = b ifFalse: [(Differator newOn: a and: b) open].
 self assert: a = b

Other reasons for not using the new WARenderCanvasTestCase would have be
the fact that we have our own hierarchy under SUnitToo's TestCase, not
SUnit's and we have different canvas renderers for different purposes
and specialized WARenderCanvasForTest doesn't play well there either.
But perhaps that's all because we already have baggage to carry, perhaps
new users wouldn't need to worry themselves with such obstructions,
although I still think being able to add rendering tests anywhere in our
test case hierarchy is greatly encouraging me to write more tests.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

WARenderCanvas class-empty.st (924 bytes) Download Attachment
WAHtmlStreamDocument-body.st (474 bytes) Download Attachment