XMI-Analyzer update

hernanmd
Hi Usman and others,

I am trying to visualize an UML diagram using a XMI file in Moose. The attached file contains some updates to load properly using the latest XML-Parser in Moose 6:

XMLDOMVisitor -> XMLNodeVisitor
#visit: -> #visitDocument:

Feel free to integrate into your repo if you like.
Cheers,

Hernán

XMI-Analyzer-HernanMoralesDurand.2.mcz (37K) Download Attachment

Re: XMI-Analyzer update

Peter Uhnak
Hi Hernan,

the canonical repo for xmi-analyzer is here https://github.com/peteruhnak/xmi-analyzer,
so if you have an update, could you please provide it as a pull request there?

> XMLDOMVisitor -> XMLNodeVisitor

XMLDOMVisitor does much more than just visit nodes by their type -- https://github.com/peteruhnak/xml-dom-visitor
(I don't remember how many of the extra features I use in XMIAnalyzer)

I plan to update XMIAnalyzer to use actual XMI reader (which I already have), and an actual UML model (which I mostly have), so then the transformation to FAMIX would be from UML model, and not from a stupid XML file... but that will be probably mid/late summer.

If you are trying to just visualize the diagram and don't need Moose capabilities (metrics, analyses), then maybe you could use the UML model directly...

Peter

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 08:13:56PM -0300, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:

> Hi Usman and others,
>
> I am trying to visualize an UML diagram using a XMI file in Moose. The
> attached file contains some updates to load properly using the latest
> XML-Parser in Moose 6:
>
> #visit: -> #visitDocument:
>
> Feel free to integrate into your repo if you like.
> Cheers,
>
> Hernán

Re: XMI-Analyzer update

hernanmd
Hi Peter,

Hi Hernan,

the canonical repo for xmi-analyzer is here https://github.com/peteruhnak/xmi-analyzer,
so if you have an update, could you please provide it as a pull request there?

> XMLDOMVisitor -> XMLNodeVisitor

XMLDOMVisitor does much more than just visit nodes by their type -- https://github.com/peteruhnak/xml-dom-visitor
(I don't remember how many of the extra features I use in XMIAnalyzer)

Yep, that was a blind guess because I couldn't find XMLDOMVisitor class anywhere :)

I plan to update XMIAnalyzer to use actual XMI reader (which I already have), and an actual UML model (which I mostly have), so then the transformation to FAMIX would be from UML model, and not from a stupid XML file... but that will be probably mid/late summer.

Cool, thanks for the update.

If you are trying to just visualize the diagram and don't need Moose capabilities (metrics, analyses), then maybe you could use the UML model directly...

I have a .uml file which I generated from Eclipse+EMF. And I ended up obtaining a weird UML diagram through EclipseUMLDesiner.
You mean may I visualize the class diagram in the .UML file into Moose? Do you have any code for this?

Cheers,

Hernán

Peter

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 08:13:56PM -0300, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
> Hi Usman and others,
>
> I am trying to visualize an UML diagram using a XMI file in Moose. The
> attached file contains some updates to load properly using the latest
> XML-Parser in Moose 6:
>
> #visit: -> #visitDocument:
>
> Feel free to integrate into your repo if you like.
> Cheers,
>
> Hernán

Re: XMI-Analyzer update

Peter Uhnak

> I have a .uml file which I generated from Eclipse+EMF. And I ended up
> obtaining a weird UML diagram through EclipseUMLDesiner.
> You mean may I visualize the class diagram in the .UML file into Moose? Do
> you have any code for this?

Ah, so you have EMOF, not actual UML. In that case you would have to use XMIAnalyzer for now.

> You mean may I visualize the class diagram in the .UML file into Moose? Do
> you have any code for this?

I said "if you _dont_ need Moose", but I think we both mean under Moose something different. What I meant was if you only need Mondrian (which is a part of Roassal), then using directly UML metamodel and writing your own visualization could be a way (assuming you would use some conversion from EMOF to UML).

As for just loading your UML into something in pharo and automatically seeing the diagram... that's something I am working on during this summer (alongside proper UML modeling and diagramming tool, etc).

Bottom line:

if you have EMOF (which you have), then stick with XMIAnalyzer for now. :)
but there will be a better in late summer.

Peter

> Cheers,
>
> Hernán
>

> > Peter
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 08:13:56PM -0300, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
> > > Hi Usman and others,
> > >
> > > I am trying to visualize an UML diagram using a XMI file in Moose. The
> > > attached file contains some updates to load properly using the latest
> > > XML-Parser in Moose 6:
> > >
> > > #visit: -> #visitDocument:
> > >
> > > Feel free to integrate into your repo if you like.
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Hernán

Re: XMI-Analyzer update

hernanmd
Hi Peter,

If you want to have a look or use it as an example for your tests, I have attached the "uml" file (EMOF), generated from one of the schemas in the NCBI model: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/data_specs/schema/NCBI_GBSeq.xsd

Bottom line:

if you have EMOF (which you have), then stick with XMIAnalyzer for now. :)
but there will be a better in late summer.

Great! Looking forward to it.

Cheers,

Hernán

Peter

> Cheers,
>
> Hernán
>

> > Peter
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 08:13:56PM -0300, Hernán Morales Durand wrote:
> > > Hi Usman and others,
> > >
> > > I am trying to visualize an UML diagram using a XMI file in Moose. The
> > > attached file contains some updates to load properly using the latest
> > > XML-Parser in Moose 6:
> > >
> > > #visit: -> #visitDocument:
> > >
> > > Feel free to integrate into your repo if you like.
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Hernán

ncbi.zip (13K) Download Attachment