XML DOM

keith
Hi all,
sorry if this is a stupid question, but....
I'm using the XML DOM package for an application I'm going to deploy.
Now, I realize Dolphin has wrapped the functionality of  msxml.dll. My
question is about the deployment part:
 - when deploying my app, do I need to include msxml.dll? Or, can I
assume that all windows systems (since win95, at least) will already
have this installed? Is this dll part of the "standard" system set?

Thanks,

KeithB

Re: XML DOM

Blair McGlashan
Keith

You wrote in message news:[hidden email]...
> Hi all,
> sorry if this is a stupid question, but....
> I'm using the XML DOM package for an application I'm going to deploy.
> Now, I realize Dolphin has wrapped the functionality of  msxml.dll. My
> question is about the deployment part:
>  - when deploying my app, do I need to include msxml.dll? Or, can I
> assume that all windows systems (since win95, at least) will already
> have this installed? Is this dll part of the "standard" system set?

If your installation requires at least IE5 then you'll be OK. Detection of
IE5 depends on the installer, so refer to the docs for that.
Alternatively you could just list IE5 as a pre-req, rely on the fact that
older versions of IE are very rare now, and then deal with the support
calls.

Regards

Blair

Re: XML DOM

keith
Thanks for the response, Blair.
BTW: great job on the XML stuff! It made it sooooo easy to do the
parsing I wanted, that I got everything working in about 2 hours, even
without reading MS' documentation! Dolphin Rocks! (or swims, as the
case may be....)

KeithB