XML: Magritte <-> SOAP/webservice

Damien Cassou
Hi,

does any of you know about Philippe's work to map SOAP to described
objects and vice versa? I would like to have a look at it.

Thank you

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

popular by not having them." James Iry

Re: XML: Magritte <-> SOAP/webservice

Philippe Marschall
2010/9/28 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> does any of you know about Philippe's work to map SOAP to described
> objects and vice versa? I would like to have a look at it.

There's an XML binding library but that knows nothing about SOAP.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: XML: Magritte <-> SOAP/webservice

NorbertHartl

On 28.09.2010, at 21:02, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2010/9/28 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> does any of you know about Philippe's work to map SOAP to described
>> objects and vice versa? I would like to have a look at it.
>
> There's an XML binding library but that knows nothing about SOAP.

Where is it? I'm interested because I created a Magritte-XML package that tries to deal with this.

Norbert

2010/9/29 Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:

> On 28.09.2010, at 21:02, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
>> 2010/9/28 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> does any of you know about Philippe's work to map SOAP to described
>>> objects and vice versa? I would like to have a look at it.
>>
>> There's an XML binding library but that knows nothing about SOAP.
>
> Where is it?

Wherever you put it ;-)

Cheers
Philippe

On 29.09.2010, at 20:53, Philippe Marschall wrote:

2010/9/29 Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]>:

On 28.09.2010, at 21:02, Philippe Marschall wrote:

2010/9/28 Damien Cassou <[hidden email]>:
Hi,

does any of you know about Philippe's work to map SOAP to described
objects and vice versa? I would like to have a look at it.

There's an XML binding library but that knows nothing about SOAP.

Where is it?

Wherever you put it ;-)

Ah, now I see :) If we are talking about Magritte-XMLBinding that I know. It can be found here (http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/magritteaddons). And right, it knows nothing about SOAP. But this should be achievable quite easy. Some can map the objects including relationships in a SOAP way (it's only plain nested objects). Then there is only the SOAP envelope missing. Would be a good use case to improve the xml binding. I just don't like SOAP :)

Norbert

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ah, now I see :) If we are talking about Magritte-XMLBinding that I know. It
> can be found here (http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/magritteaddons). And
> right, it knows nothing about SOAP. But this should be achievable quite
> easy. Some can map the objects including relationships in a SOAP way (it's
> only plain nested objects). Then there is only the SOAP envelope missing.
> Would be a good use case to improve the xml binding. I just don't like SOAP
> :)

Thank you very much. In fact, I didn't want to do SOAP at all. It's
just that Lukas told me about such a library that I could have a look
at to help me create a Pier<->XML serializer. Looks like this library
does not exist after all :-).

On 30.09.2010, at 15:10, Damien Cassou wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Norbert Hartl <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Ah, now I see :) If we are talking about Magritte-XMLBinding that I know. It
>> can be found here (http://source.lukas-renggli.ch/magritteaddons). And
>> right, it knows nothing about SOAP. But this should be achievable quite
>> easy. Some can map the objects including relationships in a SOAP way (it's
>> only plain nested objects). Then there is only the SOAP envelope missing.
>> Would be a good use case to improve the xml binding. I just don't like SOAP
>> :)
>
> Thank you very much. In fact, I didn't want to do SOAP at all. It's
> just that Lukas told me about such a library that I could have a look
> at to help me create a Pier<->XML serializer. Looks like this library
> does not exist after all :-).

What do you want to do? Just serialize pier? That you can do with Sixx. It will serialize the object graph with type dependent xml elements.

Norbert