XML Parser, Pastell, Sixx,...

NorbertHartl
Hi,

after I successfully bootstrapped a new gemstone image yesterday I felt this is the perfect start condition to do the XML Parser port. With only little struggles I merged all actual changes to the XML Parser. With the new xml parser there are some tests so this can be considered as an improvement. I have 30/32 tests passing. The leftovers are easy to fix but I contacted the maintainer first. I think we go green within a day.

I talked with the maintainer about Pastell before and they communication seems to have worked out pretty well. With the new XML Parser there is no need for a gemstone port of Pastell. I just works as it is on squeaksource.

With the latest package from XML Parser all Sixx tests are green as well.

That is what I wanted to achieve. Regarding pull parser I don't know what to do. It seems to be changes to XML Parser and to Sixx. Was any code from Ken Treis integrated before? Any state update would be helpful.

Norbert

Re: XML Parser, Pastell, Sixx,...

Dale
Norbert,

Excellent! As soon as all tests are green let me know and I'll include things in the GLASS configuration ... I just convert the GLASS configurations to use ConfigurationOfXMLSupport and then remove the XML-Parser package from ConfigurationOfGsMisc...

As for the pull parser, maybe Ken can comment on what he's done along with potential impacts...

Dale
----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi,
|
| after I successfully bootstrapped a new gemstone image yesterday I
| felt this is the perfect start condition to do the XML Parser port.
| With only little struggles I merged all actual changes to the XML
| Parser. With the new xml parser there are some tests so this can be
| considered as an improvement. I have 30/32 tests passing. The
| leftovers are easy to fix but I contacted the maintainer first. I
| think we go green within a day.
|
| I talked with the maintainer about Pastell before and they
| communication seems to have worked out pretty well. With the new XML
| Parser there is no need for a gemstone port of Pastell. I just works
| as it is on squeaksource.
|
| With the latest package from XML Parser all Sixx tests are green as
| well.
|
| That is what I wanted to achieve. Regarding pull parser I don't know
| what to do. It seems to be changes to XML Parser and to Sixx. Was any
| code from Ken Treis integrated before? Any state update would be
| helpful.
|
| Norbert

Re: XML Parser, Pastell, Sixx,...

NorbertHartl
Dale,

all tests are green now. As described in the package I didn't integrate the lastest changes from squeaksource as they are moving fast. They started to implement namespacing support. I wanted a stable release first before going to the newest.

I'll hope it works out for you,

Norbert

On 03.03.2010, at 21:21, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> Norbert,
>
> Excellent! As soon as all tests are green let me know and I'll include things in the GLASS configuration ... I just convert the GLASS configurations to use ConfigurationOfXMLSupport and then remove the XML-Parser package from ConfigurationOfGsMisc...
>
> As for the pull parser, maybe Ken can comment on what he's done along with potential impacts...
>
> Dale
> ----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> | Hi,
> |
> | after I successfully bootstrapped a new gemstone image yesterday I
> | felt this is the perfect start condition to do the XML Parser port.
> | With only little struggles I merged all actual changes to the XML
> | Parser. With the new xml parser there are some tests so this can be
> | considered as an improvement. I have 30/32 tests passing. The
> | leftovers are easy to fix but I contacted the maintainer first. I
> | think we go green within a day.
> |
> | I talked with the maintainer about Pastell before and they
> | communication seems to have worked out pretty well. With the new XML
> | Parser there is no need for a gemstone port of Pastell. I just works
> | as it is on squeaksource.
> |
> | With the latest package from XML Parser all Sixx tests are green as
> | well.
> |
> | That is what I wanted to achieve. Regarding pull parser I don't know
> | what to do. It seems to be changes to XML Parser and to Sixx. Was any
> | code from Ken Treis integrated before? Any state update would be
> | helpful.
> |
> | Norbert

Re: XML Parser, Pastell, Sixx,...

Dale
I'll pick it up in my GLASS 1.0-beta.8 work...

Dale

----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Dale,
|
| all tests are green now. As described in the package I didn't
| integrate the lastest changes from squeaksource as they are moving
| fast. They started to implement namespacing support. I wanted a stable
| release first before going to the newest.
|
| I'll hope it works out for you,
|
| Norbert
|
| On 03.03.2010, at 21:21, Dale Henrichs wrote:
|
| > Norbert,
| >
| > Excellent! As soon as all tests are green let me know and I'll
| include things in the GLASS configuration ... I just convert the GLASS
| configurations to use ConfigurationOfXMLSupport and then remove the
| XML-Parser package from ConfigurationOfGsMisc...
| >
| > As for the pull parser, maybe Ken can comment on what he's done
| along with potential impacts...
| >
| > Dale
| > ----- "Norbert Hartl" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | Hi,
| > |
| > | after I successfully bootstrapped a new gemstone image yesterday
| > | felt this is the perfect start condition to do the XML Parser
| port.
| > | With only little struggles I merged all actual changes to the XML
| > | Parser. With the new xml parser there are some tests so this can
| be
| > | considered as an improvement. I have 30/32 tests passing. The
| > | leftovers are easy to fix but I contacted the maintainer first. I
| > | think we go green within a day.
| > |
| > | I talked with the maintainer about Pastell before and they
| > | communication seems to have worked out pretty well. With the new
| XML
| > | Parser there is no need for a gemstone port of Pastell. I just
| works
| > | as it is on squeaksource.
| > |
| > | With the latest package from XML Parser all Sixx tests are green
| as
| > | well.
| > |
| > | That is what I wanted to achieve. Regarding pull parser I don't
| know
| > | what to do. It seems to be changes to XML Parser and to Sixx. Was
| any
| > | code from Ken Treis integrated before? Any state update would be
| > | helpful.
| > |