XML - a text attribute

Schoeniger, Sylvie

Hello,

I have a <return> in a 'text' XML attribute. I read the XML file and inspect the variable.
Instead of getting the <return> I get a 'Character space' as the value of a ByteString.
How can I get the <return>?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Sylvie

Re: XML - a text attribute

Marco Qualizza

Hello Sylvie,

   Unless I misunderstood you, this is your situation (ignoring tag body content).

<tag attribute="text

with CR"/>

If so, you're actually lucky that you get the space -- afaik, CRs aren't allowed in attributes (technically).  Although I generally *hate* "you're doing it wrong" answers, I think that maybe it might be in order here...  But, of course, that assumes that a> I understand what you mean, and b> CRs are, in fact, illegal in attribute values.

   - M.

--

Marco Qualizza - (613) 895-2078

"Elegance is not optional." (Richard O'Keefe)