XMLSupport - which version to use?

Paul DeBruicker
error because the XMLWriter class side initialize method creates a
variable (SpecialCharacters) that is an instance of the class CharacterSet.

Which version is known to work in Gemstone and uses the latest XMLParser
API?  Specifically, uses #allElementsNamed:do: instead of #tagsNamed:do:
and uses #stringNodes instead of #contents.

If there isn't one should I port CharacterSet to Gemstone?

Thanks

Paul

Re: XMLSupport - which version to use?

NorbertHartl

On 01.12.2010, at 15:40, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

> Loading the latest ConfigurationOfXMLSupport into Gemstone creates an error because the XMLWriter class side initialize method creates a variable (SpecialCharacters) that is an instance of the class CharacterSet.

Version 1.0.5 is good for gemstone. I just discovered the last days that there are new versions on xml support with a stable mark. That is a problem that we cannot solve with metacello so far, do we? We would just need to have the latest stable for gemstone. Dale will chime in if there is anything possible that way.

> Which version is known to work in Gemstone and uses the latest XMLParser API?  Specifically, uses #allElementsNamed:do: instead of #tagsNamed:do: and uses #stringNodes instead of #contents.

I'M not sure but 1.0.5 is the last which should run on gemstone without problems.

> If there isn't one should I port CharacterSet to Gemstone?

While porting I just exchanged CharacterSet with Set.

Norbert

Re: XMLSupport - which version to use?

Paul DeBruicker
OK thanks.  I'll convert it back to 1.0.5 until 1.1.3 is released on
Gemstone.