XSendfile

Michael Rueger-6
Hi all,

a friend of mine working with rails pointed me to XSendfile:

http://john.guen.in/past/2007/4/17/send_files_faster_with_xsendfile/

Now that some seasiders stated that they didn't know about it I wanted
to ask on the Aida list as well if anybody has any experience with Aida
and Apache XSendfile?

Michael

Re: XSendfile

Janko Mivšek
Hi Michael,

Michael Rueger wrote:

> a friend of mine working with rails pointed me to XSendfile:
>
> http://john.guen.in/past/2007/4/17/send_files_faster_with_xsendfile/
>
> Now that some seasiders stated that they didn't know about it I wanted
> to ask on the Aida list as well if anybody has any experience with Aida
> and Apache XSendfile?

Very very late answer: No. A bit of explanation and how can it be useful
for us would help. At least me is too busy with so much Aida related
stuff lately :)

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: XSendfile

Michael Rueger-6
Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Very very late answer: No. A bit of explanation and how can it be useful
> for us would help. At least me is too busy with so much Aida related
> stuff lately :)

it allows you to both have full application control over which files to
send (not deep linking possible if you don't want it) but still have
apache do the heavy lifting (sending file content).

Pete built a version of the file library that supports XSendfile, I
guess we can make that available for people who are interested.

Michael