XmlRpcClient closing connection?

Paul Weustink-3
Hello,

I'm using the XmlRpcClient from the Cincom Public Repository. It works very well, yet somehow it closes the connection after each call. Is there a way to prevent this?

This is my test code:

    | client |
    client := XmlRpcClient url: 'http://myserver/rpc2'.
    arg := Dictionary new.
    arg at: 'name' put: 'Gain'.
   arg at: 'value' put: 5.0.
    res := client perform: 'SetParameter' with: arg.

Thanks very much,

Paul

Re: XmlRpcClient closing connection?

Mark Pirogovsky-3
XMLRpc client in smalltalk sends a HTTP Post with the method and data
and reads response from the server.
you can send multiple requests to the same client, however for the
servers they are all different connections.

So if you need to maintain some kind of "Session", you need to deal with
the underlying HTTP  transport by keeping it open, or using cookies, or ...

Paul Weustink wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using the XmlRpcClient from the Cincom Public Repository. It works
> very well, yet somehow it closes the connection after each call. Is
> there a way to prevent this?
>
> This is my test code:
>
>     | client |
>     client := XmlRpcClient url: 'http://myserver/rpc2'.
>     arg := Dictionary new.
>     arg at: 'name' put: 'Gain'.
> arg at: 'value' put: 5.0.
>     res := client perform: 'SetParameter' with: arg.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Paul

Re: XmlRpcClient closing connection?

Paul-404
Mark, that explains a lot, thank you.

Does someone know how to keep the HTTP transport open? I tried re-using
it with flushing (instead of closing), but can't get it to work. Any tips?

Thanks,
Paul Weustink