Yet another Morphic package

Andreas.Raab
Folks -

I want to make some further progress with shrinking Morphic just a
little more. Unfortunately, MorphicExtras is currently too unweildly to
work through in its entirety so I'll need a new package to move things
to. I'm planning to call this "MorphicAddOns" to denote that everything
that goes here can be loaded and unloaded but if anyone has a better
name I'm all ears.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Re: Yet another Morphic package

Casey Ransberger
I'm guessing MorphicBaggage is straight out:P

Ron

Re: Yet another Morphic package

Tobias Pape
Am 2010-02-12 um 11:28 schrieb Ronald Spengler:

> I'm guessing MorphicBaggage is straight out:P

Morphose?

Re: Yet another Morphic package

Edgar J. De Cleene

On 2/12/10 4:05 AM, "Andreas Raab" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I want to make some further progress with shrinking Morphic just a
> little more. Unfortunately, MorphicExtras is currently too unweildly to
> work through in its entirety so I'll need a new package to move things
> to. I'm planning to call this "MorphicAddOns" to denote that everything
> that goes here can be loaded and unloaded but if anyone has a better
> name I'm all ears.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

Guidelines for Street and Building Naming and Numbering

http://www.haringey.gov.uk/index/environment_and_transport/roadsandstreets/s
treet_and_building_naming_and_numbering/guidelines_for_street_and_building_n
aming_and_numbering.htm

Mews provided it does not repeat the name of the road from which access is
gained

I like thinking Squeak is a tall Building, kind of Empire State.

Don't found English names for "Entrepiso"

Wikipedia tells

Displacement from ground level British convention American convention
3 story heights above ground "3rd floor" "4th floor"
2 story heights above ground "2nd floor" "3rd floor"
1 story height above ground "1st floor" "2nd floor"
at ground level "Ground floor" "Ground floor" or "1st floor"

So FirstFloorMorphic ?

My 5 centavos de peso

Edgar

Re: Yet another Morphic package

Chris Muller-3
Since this is stuff that has been in Squeak for a long time, and it
doesn't fit into one convenient descriptive phrase, how about
something along the lines of "MorphicLegacy" or LegacyMorphic?

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I want to make some further progress with shrinking Morphic just a little
> more. Unfortunately, MorphicExtras is currently too unweildly to work
> through in its entirety so I'll need a new package to move things to. I'm
> planning to call this "MorphicAddOns" to denote that everything that goes
> here can be loaded and unloaded but if anyone has a better name I'm all
> ears.
>
> Cheers,
>  - Andreas

Re: Yet another Morphic package

Gary Dunn
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 22:05:21 -0800 Andreas Raab <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks -
>
> I want to make some further progress with shrinking Morphic just a
> little more. Unfortunately, MorphicExtras is currently too unweildly to
> work through in its entirety so I'll need a new package to move things
> to. I'm planning to call this "MorphicAddOns" to denote that everything
> that goes here can be loaded and unloaded but if anyone has a better
> name I'm all ears.
>
> Cheers,
>    - Andreas

To me, "MorphicAddOns" suggests things that are not morphs, in the manner of "plug-in" ... things that extend the capabilities of morphs. "LoadableMorphs" expresses your intent clearly. I offer "EpiMorphs." It retains the Greek reference, although the meaning is slightly off.
--
Gary Dunn, Honolulu
[hidden email]