Your earlier problems accessing Monticello

Your earlier problems accessing Monticello

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Guido,

Some time ago you were unable to access Monticello from inside your particular network situation.

http://forum.world.st/Unable-to-use-Monticello-in-last-images-from-Jenkins-tt4653446.html

We just were able to solve a similar case.

http://forum.world.st/Problem-downloading-packages-with-Monticello-from-Smalltalkhub-because-of-setAcceptEncodingGzip-tt4677539.html

Would it be possible to verify, first that your old problem still exists, and then try again with the following patch.

SocketStream>>next: count
        "Read count elements and return them in a collection.
        If the receiver is #atEnd before count elements were read, return a smaller collection."

        ^ self nextInto: (self streamBuffer: count)

That would be most helpful.

Thx,

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Your earlier problems accessing Monticello

Camillo Bruni-3
Guido is right now in Lille :P so you have to wait for a week.
From what I recall it was exactly that bug we had over in Argentina :)

On 2013-03-23, at 11:03, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guido,
>
> Some time ago you were unable to access Monticello from inside your particular network situation.
>
> http://forum.world.st/Unable-to-use-Monticello-in-last-images-from-Jenkins-tt4653446.html
>
> We just were able to solve a similar case.
>
> http://forum.world.st/Problem-downloading-packages-with-Monticello-from-Smalltalkhub-because-of-setAcceptEncodingGzip-tt4677539.html
>
> Would it be possible to verify, first that your old problem still exists, and then try again with the following patch.
>
> SocketStream>>next: count
> "Read count elements and return them in a collection.
> If the receiver is #atEnd before count elements were read, return a smaller collection."
>
> ^ self nextInto: (self streamBuffer: count)
>
> That would be most helpful.
>
> Thx,
>
> Sven
>
> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: Your earlier problems accessing Monticello

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Aah, all this travelling around, it is a wonder you guys actually get any work done ;-)

Seriously, it is a good thing we're in contact and that he might be able to test.

On 23 Mar 2013, at 11:21, Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Guido is right now in Lille :P so you have to wait for a week.
> From what I recall it was exactly that bug we had over in Argentina :)
>
> On 2013-03-23, at 11:03, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Guido,
>>
>> Some time ago you were unable to access Monticello from inside your particular network situation.
>>
>> http://forum.world.st/Unable-to-use-Monticello-in-last-images-from-Jenkins-tt4653446.html
>>
>> We just were able to solve a similar case.
>>
>> http://forum.world.st/Problem-downloading-packages-with-Monticello-from-Smalltalkhub-because-of-setAcceptEncodingGzip-tt4677539.html
>>
>> Would it be possible to verify, first that your old problem still exists, and then try again with the following patch.
>>
>> SocketStream>>next: count
>> "Read count elements and return them in a collection.
>> If the receiver is #atEnd before count elements were read, return a smaller collection."
>>
>> ^ self nextInto: (self streamBuffer: count)
>>
>> That would be most helpful.
>>
>> Thx,
>>
>> Sven
>>
>> --
>> Sven Van Caekenberghe
>> http://stfx.eu
>> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: Your earlier problems accessing Monticello

Guido Chari
Yes, i'm sure this will do the fix. Nevertheless, as soon as i come back home i will send you the confirmation.

Thanks

2013/3/23 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>
Guido is right now in Lille :P so you have to wait for a week.
From what I recall it was exactly that bug we had over in Argentina :)

On 2013-03-23, at 11:03, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Guido,
>
> Some time ago you were unable to access Monticello from inside your particular network situation.
>
> http://forum.world.st/Unable-to-use-Monticello-in-last-images-from-Jenkins-tt4653446.html
>
> We just were able to solve a similar case.
>
> http://forum.world.st/Problem-downloading-packages-with-Monticello-from-Smalltalkhub-because-of-setAcceptEncodingGzip-tt4677539.html
>
> Would it be possible to verify, first that your old problem still exists, and then try again with the following patch.
>
> SocketStream>>next: count
>       "Read count elements and return them in a collection.
>       If the receiver is #atEnd before count elements were read, return a smaller collection."
>
>       ^ self nextInto: (self streamBuffer: count)
>
> That would be most helpful.
>
> Thx,
>
> Sven
>
> --
> Sven Van Caekenberghe
> http://stfx.eu
> Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: Your earlier problems accessing Monticello

Guido Chari
Sorry for the delay, but yes i confirm this solves my issue.

What i see is that it is not yet integrated into 3.0

Cheers,
Guido.

2013/3/23 Guido Chari <[hidden email]>
Yes, i'm sure this will do the fix. Nevertheless, as soon as i come back home i will send you the confirmation.

Thanks

2013/3/23 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>
Guido is right now in Lille :P so you have to wait for a week.
From what I recall it was exactly that bug we had over in Argentina :)

On 23 Apr 2013, at 19:18, Guido Chari <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay, but yes i confirm this solves my issue.

Thanks, that is good to know !

> What i see is that it is not yet integrated into 3.0

Yeah, it is ready for inclusion, maybe I gave it the wrong status.

  https://pharo.fogbugz.com/default.asp?10102
  https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/10102/SocketStream-next-should-not-signal-ConncetionClosed

> Cheers,
> Guido.
>

> 2013/3/23 Guido Chari <[hidden email]>
> Yes, i'm sure this will do the fix. Nevertheless, as soon as i come back home i will send you the confirmation.
>
> Thanks
>

> 2013/3/23 Camillo Bruni <[hidden email]>
> Guido is right now in Lille :P so you have to wait for a week.
> From what I recall it was exactly that bug we had over in Argentina :)
>
> On 2013-03-23, at 11:03, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Guido,
> >
> > Some time ago you were unable to access Monticello from inside your particular network situation.
> >
> > http://forum.world.st/Unable-to-use-Monticello-in-last-images-from-Jenkins-tt4653446.html
> >
> > We just were able to solve a similar case.
> >
> > http://forum.world.st/Problem-downloading-packages-with-Monticello-from-Smalltalkhub-because-of-setAcceptEncodingGzip-tt4677539.html
> >
> > Would it be possible to verify, first that your old problem still exists, and then try again with the following patch.
> >
> > SocketStream>>next: count
> >       "Read count elements and return them in a collection.
> >       If the receiver is #atEnd before count elements were read, return a smaller collection."
> >
> >       ^ self nextInto: (self streamBuffer: count)
> >
> > That would be most helpful.
> >
> > Thx,
> >
> > Sven
> >
> > --
> > Sven Van Caekenberghe
> > http://stfx.eu
> > Smalltalk is the Red Pill

Re: Your earlier problems accessing Monticello

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
OK, thx.