classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Zeroconf on Ubuntu (14) libz.so.1 error

darth-cheney
Hi All,

I'm getting an inscrutable error when using the regular zeroconf (curl https://get.pharo.org | bash) and trying to run the resulting ./pharo script:

```
ioLoadModule(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so):
  libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
ioLoadModule(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so):
tryLoading(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so/.libs/,libgit2.so): stat(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so/.libs/) Not a directory
External module not found
```

This is on an Ubuntu server that is (unfortunately) running 14.04 LTS. For the time being the version is out of my control.

I have tried something like `apt-get install zlib1g` but the system is reporting that this is already installed. From this error message I cannot really tell what the actual problem is and I'm also a little stumped about how to properly debug it.

Tips in any direction are much appreciated. Thanks!

--
Eric
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Zeroconf on Ubuntu (14) libz.so.1 error

darth-cheney
With some help I was able to determine that this is a 32/64 issue. I had been using the zeroconf address for 32bit when I needed the 64bit version from get.pharo.org/64

On a related note, the command `curl get.pharo.org/64 | bash` does not work, since that URL redirects. The wget equivalent works fine.

On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 8:12 PM Eric Gade <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

I'm getting an inscrutable error when using the regular zeroconf (curl https://get.pharo.org | bash) and trying to run the resulting ./pharo script:

```
tryLoading(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so/.libs/,libgit2.so): stat(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so/.libs/) Not a directory
External module not found
```

This is on an Ubuntu server that is (unfortunately) running 14.04 LTS. For the time being the version is out of my control.

I have tried something like `apt-get install zlib1g` but the system is reporting that this is already installed. From this error message I cannot really tell what the actual problem is and I'm also a little stumped about how to properly debug it.

Tips in any direction are much appreciated. Thanks!

--
Eric

--
Eric
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Zeroconf on Ubuntu (14) libz.so.1 error

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
curl -L follows redirects

> On 3 Jan 2020, at 15:15, Eric Gade <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> With some help I was able to determine that this is a 32/64 issue. I had been using the zeroconf address for 32bit when I needed the 64bit version from get.pharo.org/64
>
> On a related note, the command `curl get.pharo.org/64 | bash` does not work, since that URL redirects. The wget equivalent works fine.
>
> On Thu, Jan 2, 2020 at 8:12 PM Eric Gade <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm getting an inscrutable error when using the regular zeroconf (curl https://get.pharo.org | bash) and trying to run the resulting ./pharo script:
>  
> ```
> ioLoadModule(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so):
>   libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> ioLoadModule(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so):
>   libz.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
> tryLoading(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so/.libs/,libgit2.so): stat(/home/egade/ui-test-1/ui/test/pharo-vm/lib/pharo/5.0-201901051900/libgit2.so/.libs/) Not a directory
> External module not found
> ```
>
> This is on an Ubuntu server that is (unfortunately) running 14.04 LTS. For the time being the version is out of my control.
>
> I have tried something like `apt-get install zlib1g` but the system is reporting that this is already installed. From this error message I cannot really tell what the actual problem is and I'm also a little stumped about how to properly debug it.
>
> Tips in any direction are much appreciated. Thanks!
>
> --
> Eric
>
>
> --
> Eric