Zinc-AWS - problem writing bucket, ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool old or how to change authorization mechanism

Zinc-AWS - problem writing bucket, ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool old or how to change authorization mechanism

Sabine Manaa
I try to save data in amazon s3 by using Svens  package 'Zinc-AWS'.
I created a bucket in s3 and can read it from pharo.

But when I want to save data from pharo the requests response is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Error><Code>InvalidRequest</Code><Message>The authorization mechanism you have provided is not supported. Please use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256.</Message><RequestId>....</RequestId><HostId>....</HostId></Error>

I see that ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool uses (HMAC on: SHA1 new).

Here I have problems to go further and do not know if/how I have to change the authorization mechanism.
Or is the ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool old?

Anyone having a hint or working code snippet for me?
Sven could you perhaps have a look?

Re: Zinc-AWS - problem writing bucket, ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool old or how to change authorization mechanism

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 5 Oct 2018, at 10:52, Sabine Manaa <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I try to save data in amazon s3 by using Svens  package 'Zinc-AWS'.
> I created a bucket in s3 and can read it from pharo.
>
> But when I want to save data from pharo the requests response is
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <Error><Code>InvalidRequest</Code><Message>The authorization mechanism you have provided is not supported. Please use AWS4-HMAC-SHA256.</Message><RequestId>....</RequestId><HostId>....</HostId></Error>
>
> I see that ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool uses (HMAC on: SHA1 new).
>
> Here I have problems to go further and do not know if/how I have to change the authorization mechanism.
> Or is the ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool old?

Yes

> Anyone having a hint or working code snippet for me?
> Sven could you perhaps have a look?

The code has to be updated, but I do not have time for that.
It would be nice if somebody else could have a look.

Sven

Re: Zinc-AWS - problem writing bucket, ZnAWSS3RequestSignatureTool old or how to change authorization mechanism

Tim Mackinnon
There is also the library https://github.com/newapplesho/aws-sdk-smalltalk/blob/master/README.md

Which I successfully used to read and write last year (I didn’t realise zinc had support).

Maybe you can port the relevant bit or use it ?

Tim

Sent from my iPhone