Zinc & IdentityServer4

Siemen Baader
Hi,

I’m trying to log a registered user into a webshop (https://mad.coop.dk) using Zinc, but it uses IdentityServer4 (https://github.com/IdentityServer/IdentityServer4) for authentication (at https://accounts.cl.coop.dk/). So there are more steps involved than just submitting credentials.

Usually I just inspect how things work in the Firefox console, then replicate the interactions in Pharo, but this system is a bit too complex, with many unrelated requests happening.

Can anyone guide me towards the correct steps to sign in?

thanks
Siemen

Re: Zinc & IdentityServer4

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Siemen,

This seems to be an implementation of OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0.

There already exists a working implementation of OAuth for Zinc/Pharo, load the 'SSO' group from the baseline to get the code.

Now, this subject requires some learning curve, it is not super complex, but you have to really understand how it works in order to set it up and debug it. You have to start by reading a couple of good tutorials.

I am not using this, but others are, so maybe they can help you further.

Sven

> On 4 Nov 2019, at 10:37, Siemen Baader <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to log a registered user into a webshop (https://mad.coop.dk) using Zinc, but it uses IdentityServer4 (https://github.com/IdentityServer/IdentityServer4) for authentication (at https://accounts.cl.coop.dk/). So there are more steps involved than just submitting credentials.
>
> Usually I just inspect how things work in the Firefox console, then replicate the interactions in Pharo, but this system is a bit too complex, with many unrelated requests happening.
>
> Can anyone guide me towards the correct steps to sign in?
>
> thanks
> Siemen

Re: Zinc & IdentityServer4

Siemen Baader
Thanks, Sven - I'll do that!

-- Siemen

On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 10:50 AM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Siemen,

This seems to be an implementation of OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0.

There already exists a working implementation of OAuth for Zinc/Pharo, load the 'SSO' group from the baseline to get the code.

Now, this subject requires some learning curve, it is not super complex, but you have to really understand how it works in order to set it up and debug it. You have to start by reading a couple of good tutorials.

I am not using this, but others are, so maybe they can help you further.

Sven

> On 4 Nov 2019, at 10:37, Siemen Baader <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I’m trying to log a registered user into a webshop (https://mad.coop.dk) using Zinc, but it uses IdentityServer4 (https://github.com/IdentityServer/IdentityServer4) for authentication (at https://accounts.cl.coop.dk/). So there are more steps involved than just submitting credentials.
>
> Usually I just inspect how things work in the Firefox console, then replicate the interactions in Pharo, but this system is a bit too complex, with many unrelated requests happening.
>
> Can anyone guide me towards the correct steps to sign in?
>
> thanks
> Siemen

Re: Zinc & IdentityServer4

Tim Mackinnon

Interestingly I came across a need to investigate oauth and its only because I happened to read this msg that I knew how to find such a useful resource - the examples are brilliant, thanks Sven!

This said, it highlights that ‘the published documentation in this area is not very accessible or indexed - if you search for ”pharo oauth” on google, you find lots of old stuff and pages that reference st-hub , and definitely not the crucial information below.

Do you think we could update some of the old zinc pages with a header that points people to the newer github locations? Also, as oauth is becoming more and more prevalent, should we have something written that google will find first, to help people get to this stuff?

tim

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019, at 9:49 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
Hi Siemen,

This seems to be an implementation of OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0.

There already exists a working implementation of OAuth for Zinc/Pharo, load the 'SSO' group from the baseline to get the code.

Now, this subject requires some learning curve, it is not super complex, but you have to really understand how it works in order to set it up and debug it. You have to start by reading a couple of good tutorials.

I am not using this, but others are, so maybe they can help you further.

Sven

> On 4 Nov 2019, at 10:37, Siemen Baader <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,

> I’m trying to log a registered user into a webshop (https://mad.coop.dk) using Zinc, but it uses IdentityServer4 (https://github.com/IdentityServer/IdentityServer4) for authentication (at https://accounts.cl.coop.dk/). So there are more steps involved than just submitting credentials.

> Usually I just inspect how things work in the Firefox console, then replicate the interactions in Pharo, but this system is a bit too complex, with many unrelated requests happening.

> Can anyone guide me towards the correct steps to sign in?

> thanks
> Siemen

Re: Zinc & IdentityServer4

Christopher Fuhrman-3
On Sat, Nov 9, 2019, 08:17 Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:
should we have something written that google will find first, to help people get to this stuff?

Google indexes stackoverflow almost instantly. Maybe pose and answer the same question there? I did it already for a few questions like how to do a progress bar, etc. The SO workflow allows for it.

Cris

tim

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019, at 9:49 AM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
Hi Siemen,

This seems to be an implementation of OpenID Connect and OAuth 2.0.

There already exists a working implementation of OAuth for Zinc/Pharo, load the 'SSO' group from the baseline to get the code.

Now, this subject requires some learning curve, it is not super complex, but you have to really understand how it works in order to set it up and debug it. You have to start by reading a couple of good tutorials.

I am not using this, but others are, so maybe they can help you further.

Sven

> On 4 Nov 2019, at 10:37, Siemen Baader <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,

> I’m trying to log a registered user into a webshop (https://mad.coop.dk) using Zinc, but it uses IdentityServer4 (https://github.com/IdentityServer/IdentityServer4) for authentication (at https://accounts.cl.coop.dk/). So there are more steps involved than just submitting credentials.

> Usually I just inspect how things work in the Firefox console, then replicate the interactions in Pharo, but this system is a bit too complex, with many unrelated requests happening.

> Can anyone guide me towards the correct steps to sign in?

> thanks
> Siemen

Re: Zinc & IdentityServer4

Siemen Baader
Hi Tim,

If you get to it before me I'd be happy if you would like to share the actual code you use to log in and / or which tutorial you used.

Siemen

Sent from my iPhone