Zinc in 1.4

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sven,

What's the best case scenario for Zinc in 1.4? Keep the installed versions? Load stable via the Metacello config? Something else...

Thanks,
Sean
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Zinc in 1.4

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Sean,

On 04 Jul 2012, at 16:36, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Sven,
>
> What's the best case scenario for Zinc in 1.4? Keep the installed versions?
> Load stable via the Metacello config? Something else...
>
> Thanks,
> Sean

For now,

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
  package: 'Zinc-HTTP';
  package: 'Zinc-FileSystem-Legacy';
  package: 'Zinc-Tests';
  load.

should work.

I still need to update the Metacello config, which should take into account that for 2.0 'Zinc-FileSystem' should be loaded instead of 'Zinc-FileSystem-Legacy'. I would also like to add a proper dependency on XML-Support for Zinc-AWS.

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Zinc in 1.4

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
I still need to update the Metacello config, which should take into account that for 2.0 'Zinc-FileSystem' should be loaded instead of 'Zinc-FileSystem-Legacy'. I would also like to add a proper dependency on XML-Support for Zinc-AWS.
I may have time. Re XML, AWS depends on #stable 'default' of XML?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Zinc in 1.4

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 04 Jul 2012, at 17:02, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
>>
>> I still need to update the Metacello config, which should take into
>> account that for 2.0 'Zinc-FileSystem' should be loaded instead of
>> 'Zinc-FileSystem-Legacy'. I would also like to add a proper dependency on
>> XML-Support for Zinc-AWS.
>
> I may have time. Re XML, AWS depends on #stable 'default' of XML?

I guess so, I never needed anything special, #stable would be perfect.

Re: Zinc in 1.4

EstebanLM
btw... I'm currently preparing the summer release.
I pretend to release it no far than next monday.

Sven, if you want newer Zinc versions in pharo 1.4, could you provide the slice or packages?

thanks,
Esteban

On Jul 4, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 04 Jul 2012, at 17:02, Sean P. DeNigris wrote:
>
>> Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote
>>>
>>> I still need to update the Metacello config, which should take into
>>> account that for 2.0 'Zinc-FileSystem' should be loaded instead of
>>> 'Zinc-FileSystem-Legacy'. I would also like to add a proper dependency on
>>> XML-Support for Zinc-AWS.
>>
>> I may have time. Re XML, AWS depends on #stable 'default' of XML?
>
> I guess so, I never needed anything special, #stable would be perfect.

Re: Zinc in 1.4

Stéphane Ducasse
Excellent

Thanks…

Stef

On 04 Jul 2012, at 17:13, Esteban Lorenzano wrote:

> Sven, if you want newer Zinc versions in pharo 1.4, could you provide the slice or packages?

See detais in:

Re: Zinc in 1.4

EstebanLM
merci :)