ZincHTTPComponents ported to Gemstone

Paul DeBruicker
Hi -

I ported the latest Zinc-HTTP client and server to Gemstone.  There is
still an issue with logging on Gemstone that I plan to resolve soon but
for the most part the client and server perform the same on each platform.

The ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents here:
http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents

will load the Zinc code into both Pharo and Gemstone.  I have not looked
at the Seaside adapter code yet, so it may or may not work out of the box.

Paul

Re: ZincHTTPComponents ported to Gemstone

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 10 Apr 2011, at 19:38, Paul DeBruicker wrote:

> I ported the latest Zinc-HTTP client and server to Gemstone.  There is still an issue with logging on Gemstone that I plan to resolve soon but for the most part the client and server perform the same on each platform.
>
> The ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents here:
> http://www.squeaksource.com/ZincHTTPComponents
>
> will load the Zinc code into both Pharo and Gemstone.  I have not looked at the Seaside adapter code yet, so it may or may not work out of the box.

This is fantastic work, Paul, especially since you did it so that Pharo code loads directly, this will make future updates much, much easier.

Thanks a lot!

Sven