ZincStaticServerAdaptor starts with different port

ZincStaticServerAdaptor starts with different port

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

I have a ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor, that after quitting the image and
starting it again starts in a different port.

So I did:
WAServerManager default adaptors do: [ :each | WAServerManager default
unregister: each ].
(ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor startOn: 8000 andServeFilesFrom:
(FileLocator  imageDirectory / 'static' ) asFileReference).

And get the server running in the port 8000. [see zn8000.png]

But after restarting the image, it is running in the port 80. [see zn80.png]

Why is it so?

Regards,

zn8000.png (154K) Download Attachment
zn80.png (254K) Download Attachment

Re: ZincStaticServerAdaptor starts with different port

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
WAServerManager class>>#startUp sends #startUp to all registered adaptors

If you saved an image with a running adaptor in it, it will be restarted when the image comes up. This is cool and works fine, but I find it better suited to development than deployment. When deploying I make sure there are no servers of any kind running, and then start them manually and explicitly in a startup script.

So if something starts up automagically, you must have done something.

BTW, 80 is a restricted port, but I guess you already know that.

> On 10 May 2020, at 00:14, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor, that after quitting the image and
> starting it again starts in a different port.
>
> So I did:
> WAServerManager default adaptors do: [ :each | WAServerManager default
> unregister: each ].
> (ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor startOn: 8000 andServeFilesFrom:
> (FileLocator  imageDirectory / 'static' ) asFileReference).
>
> And get the server running in the port 8000. [see zn8000.png]
>
> But after restarting the image, it is running in the port 80. [see zn80.png]
>
> Why is it so?
>
> Regards,
> <zn8000.png><zn80.png>_______________________________________________
> seaside mailing list

Re: ZincStaticServerAdaptor starts with different port

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi Sven,

I know it is convenient for development, and for deployment I create
it on startup via a startup script (that piece of code is from it).

But what it is weird (or at least unexpected), and what I'm reporting
is that in development the adaptor is restarted at a different port
than the one I saved the image with.

Esteban A. Maringolo

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 6:50 AM Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:

> WAServerManager class>>#startUp sends #startUp to all registered adaptors
>
> If you saved an image with a running adaptor in it, it will be restarted when the image comes up. This is cool and works fine, but I find it better suited to development than deployment. When deploying I make sure there are no servers of any kind running, and then start them manually and explicitly in a startup script.
>
> So if something starts up automagically, you must have done something.
>
> BTW, 80 is a restricted port, but I guess you already know that.
>
> > On 10 May 2020, at 00:14, Esteban Maringolo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor, that after quitting the image and
> > starting it again starts in a different port.
> >
> > So I did:
> > WAServerManager default adaptors do: [ :each | WAServerManager default
> > unregister: each ].
> > (ZnZincStaticServerAdaptor startOn: 8000 andServeFilesFrom:
> > (FileLocator  imageDirectory / 'static' ) asFileReference).
> >
> > And get the server running in the port 8000. [see zn8000.png]
> >
> > But after restarting the image, it is running in the port 80. [see zn80.png]
> >
> > Why is it so?
> >
> > Regards,
> > <zn8000.png><zn80.png>_______________________________________________
> > seaside mailing list
> > [hidden email]

Re: ZincStaticServerAdaptor starts with different port

Esteban A. Maringolo
Okay, After halting the execution of #start I found that the
StartupPreferencesLoader was being executed on image startup, and
StartupPreferencesLoader>>#startupScriptName is a startup.st, which I
happen to have in the image directory, with a few sentences that do
launch the server in the port 80.

So there was nothing weird, except that the startup script (meant for
production) was being executed without me being aware of it.

I'll rename/remove it during development to avoid these situations.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo