ZipArchive and symbolic links

CyrilFerlicot
Hi!

I just found that ZipArchive does not honor symbolic links (at least
in Pharo 7).

I would like to know if this is a known bug? I found out because I was
using Pharo to unzip some Pharo vms and it broke all the dynamic
libraries :(

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

Re: ZipArchive and symbolic links

demarey
Hi Cyril,

> Le 2 oct. 2018 à 13:41, Cyril Ferlicot <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Hi!
>
> I just found that ZipArchive does not honor symbolic links (at least
> in Pharo 7).
>
> I would like to know if this is a known bug? I found out because I was
> using Pharo to unzip some Pharo vms and it broke all the dynamic
> libraries :(

It is a known limitation of ZipArchive. It does not honor symbolic links nor preserve permissions on files …

Christophe

Re: ZipArchive and symbolic links

alistairgrant
Hi Cyril,

I haven't looked at ZipArchive at all, but I would be very surprised
if it did work with symbolic links.  FilePlugin has no way to create a
symbolic link, and the test for a symbolic link (#isSymlink) is broken
(I've got a fix, but it's taking much longer to get it finished than I
ever thought).

Cheers,
Alistair