Zn classes documentation in Pharo 6? ZnClient and ZnServer tutorials?

Zn classes documentation in Pharo 6? ZnClient and ZnServer tutorials?

Hannes Hirzel
Hello

Zn classes are included in Pharo 6. I did not find a link to the main
documentation in the help system.

Is
     http://zn.stfx.eu/zn/index.html

still the main document?

The class comment of ZnClient includes an example. I am looking for
have some more examples / explanations how to use

    ZnClient

?

Is this the chapter in the EnterprisePharoBook [1] the main documentation?

As for the ZnServer, is [2] or [3] more relevant?

Summarized: What is the main reference to the documenation of

    ZnClient and ZnServer?

Thank you in advance

Hannes

[1] https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/Zinc-HTTP-Client/Zinc-HTTP-Client.html

[2] http://zn.stfx.eu/zn/build-and-deploy-1st-webapp/
[3] https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/Zinc-HTTP-Server/Zinc-HTTP-Server.html

Re: Zn classes documentation in Pharo 6? ZnClient and ZnServer tutorials?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hannes,

Zinc HTTP Components started in 2010 and has been part of Pharo since version 1.3. Like Pharo it evolves (no longer on a fundamental level, but certainly on features and details). Over the years lots of documentation has been written, not all of it is still maintained.

I would say the Enterprise Pharo book chapters (Web App, Client, Server) are the best place to start if you are new this subject.

But for the latest details/features the source code (comments) is the most up to date reference. Every feature that I add, every bug that I fix has a unit test to cover it that also serves as a living example. Class usages and method senders are your friend. I comment all classes and all public methods.

Sven

On 8/25/17, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hannes,
>
> Zinc HTTP Components started in 2010 and has been part of Pharo since
> version 1.3. Like Pharo it evolves (no longer on a fundamental level, but
> certainly on features and details). Over the years lots of documentation has
> been written, not all of it is still maintained.
>
> I would say the Enterprise Pharo book chapters (Web App, Client, Server) are
> the best place to start if you are new this subject.

Sven,

thank you for the confirmation that these are most relevant
documentation entry points for Zinc components to use for web
programming.

Zinc HTTP: The Client Side [1]
Zinc HTTP: The Server Side [3]

--Hannes