ZnCharacterReadWriteStream error?

darth-cheney
Hello all,

I'm attempting to install the OpenAPI package from Github via metacello and am experiencing an error I'm having trouble wrapping my head around.

The package itself requires nothing exotic in terms of dependencies, and seems to be pulling in Zinc from correct sources in the baseline.

The error I'm seeing is a DNU on  ZnBufferedReadWriteStream >> #defaultBufferSize.  This is odd because it seems to be called from ZnBufferedReadWriteStream >> on:

You can find my error stack in this Github issue.

Thanks!

Eric

Re: ZnCharacterReadWriteStream error?

hernanmd
Hello Eric,

I couldn't reproduce it on Linux, all tests pass ok.  Are you using Pharo 7? Could you post how you're installing it?
The only thing which seems "strange" are three Zn test methods overrides, but after merging them no problems.

Cheers

Hernán

Eric

Re: ZnCharacterReadWriteStream error?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
This is a known problem.

I am assuming you are using Pharo Launcher, which gets the latest Pharo 7.0.4 which is broken, while the released (blessed) 7.0.4 is still OK.

curl get.pharo.org/70 | bash

gives you the correct one.

> On 26 Oct 2019, at 20:48, Hernán Morales Durand <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello Eric,
>
> I couldn't reproduce it on Linux, all tests pass ok.  Are you using Pharo 7? Could you post how you're installing it?
> The only thing which seems "strange" are three Zn test methods overrides, but after merging them no problems.
>
> Cheers
>
> Hernán
>

> El sáb., 26 oct. 2019 a las 15:24, Eric Gade (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm attempting to install the OpenAPI package from Github via metacello and am experiencing an error I'm having trouble wrapping my head around.
>
> The package itself requires nothing exotic in terms of dependencies, and seems to be pulling in Zinc from correct sources in the baseline.
>
> The error I'm seeing is a DNU on  ZnBufferedReadWriteStream >> #defaultBufferSize.  This is odd because it seems to be called from ZnBufferedReadWriteStream >> on:
>
> You can find my error stack in this Github issue.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Eric

Re: ZnCharacterReadWriteStream error?

darth-cheney
Hi,

I was indeed using a Pharo 7 image from the Launcher. Thanks for the solution.

--
Eric