ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

kmo

ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

kmo
I was trying to Soup on Windows 7 and found I could not access https sites

On windows 7 and 10 the following code fails:

ZnEasy get:'https://genius.com/Alice-nuvole-lyrics'.

This works fine in Pharo 5 on Windows. Also works fine with Pharo 6.1 (32
bit) on Linux.

The problem is Pharo 6.1 on Windows.

The error is:

"SSL/TLS plugin initialization failed (VM plugin missing ? OS libraries
missing ?)"

I know that his has been seen on Linux in the past - see
http://forum.world.st/SSL-TLS-plugin-initailization-failed-VM-plugin-missing-OS-libraries-missing-td4945857.html

I'm running the latest vm and 6.1 image.

Re: ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

Herby Vojčík
kmo wrote:

> I was trying to Soup on Windows 7 and found I could not access https sites
>
> On windows 7 and 10 the following code fails:
>
> ZnEasy get:'https://genius.com/Alice-nuvole-lyrics'.
>
> This works fine in Pharo 5 on Windows. Also works fine with Pharo 6.1 (32
> bit) on Linux.
>
> The problem is Pharo 6.1 on Windows.
>
> The error is:
>
> "SSL/TLS plugin initialization failed (VM plugin missing ? OS libraries
> missing ?)"

I had it as well. The reason seems to be really strange, but the root
cause was the zip wasn't unzipped correctly, probably due to Windows
Defender hijacking it, and SqueakSSL.dll was missing.

Check thouroughly if you actually have all files present in .zip
actually unzipped in pharo folder.

Herby

kmo

Re: ZnClient in Pharo 6.1 not working for Https on Windows

kmo
Thanks. I re-extracted SqueakSSL.dll from the zip file and now it works!