ZnConstants class>>#httpStatusCodes and cloudflare

ZnConstants class>>#httpStatusCodes and cloudflare

Holger Freyther
Hi,

I am currently using ZnClient to fetch data from a service behind "cloudflare" and sometimes the real/origin backend is unreachable/fails. Cloudflare has added additional[1] 5XX codes and ZnStatusLine>>#code: will signal an ZnUnknownHttpStatusCode because of that.

I wonder how ZnClient should deal with these errors? IIRC the HTTP RFC specifies error classes and without knowing what "525" means one can know that the request was not successful and that the server is at "fault"?

Should ZnStatusLine handle an unknown code gracefully? E.g. >>#reason: seems to do that already?

have a nice weekend

        holger

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes#Cloudflare

Re: ZnConstants class>>#httpStatusCodes and cloudflare

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Holger,

It is probably not a good idea to be too strict here. I committed the following to #bleedingEdge

===
Name: Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.465
Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
Time: 18 August 2017, 2:11:25.092807 pm
UUID: da9ed1c3-6713-0d00-bd88-7a0d0e6057cd
Ancestors: Zinc-HTTP-SvenVanCaekenberghe.464

Allow for non-standard, not-predefined HTTP status line codes as long as they are between 100 and 599
===
Name: Zinc-Tests-SvenVanCaekenberghe.240
Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
Time: 18 August 2017, 2:11:44.677301 pm
UUID: ad74fcc4-6713-0d00-bd89-fc2d0e6057cd
Ancestors: Zinc-Tests-SvenVanCaekenberghe.239

Allow for non-standard, not-predefined HTTP status line codes as long as they are between 100 and 599
===

Sven

> On 18 Aug 2017, at 11:44, Holger Freyther <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am currently using ZnClient to fetch data from a service behind "cloudflare" and sometimes the real/origin backend is unreachable/fails. Cloudflare has added additional[1] 5XX codes and ZnStatusLine>>#code: will signal an ZnUnknownHttpStatusCode because of that.
>
> I wonder how ZnClient should deal with these errors? IIRC the HTTP RFC specifies error classes and without knowing what "525" means one can know that the request was not successful and that the server is at "fault"?
>
> Should ZnStatusLine handle an unknown code gracefully? E.g. >>#reason: seems to do that already?
>

> have a nice weekend
>
> holger
>
> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes#Cloudflare

Re: ZnConstants class>>#httpStatusCodes and cloudflare

Holger Freyther

> On 18. Aug 2017, at 20:14, Sven Van Caekenberghe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Holger,
>
> It is probably not a good idea to be too strict here. I committed the following to #bleedingEdge

thank you!

        holger