Zodiac Alpha Release 2012-01-26

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Hi,

I uploaded a new, updated version of Pharo 1.3 One-Click containing the latest Zinc HTTP Components and Zodiac code, as well as the necessary SSL VM plugin, for a good out-of-the-box experience for those interested in TLS/SSL secure socket streams.

        http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16235440/Pharo-1.3-Zodiac-OneClick.app.zip  (~25Mb)

Features:

 - ZnSecureSocketStream
 - HTTPS client access
 - HTTPS server (not on Mac OS X though)
 - ZdcSecureSMTPClient
 - ZdcSecurePOP3Client

I tested this on Mac OS X 10.7, Ubuntu 11.10 and Windows 8.

This is a stock #13315 Pharo image customized as follows:

"Update Zinc HTTP Components"

Gofer it
        squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
        package: 'Zinc-HTTP';
        package: 'Zinc-Tests';
        load.

"Load Zodiac including extras"

Gofer it
        squeaksource: 'Zodiac';
        package: 'Zodiac-Core';
        package: 'Zodiac-Tests';
        package: 'Zodiac-Extra';
        load.

"Load extra Zinc support for Zodiac"

Gofer it
        squeaksource: 'ZincHTTPComponents';
        package: 'Zinc-Zodiac';
        load.

Pharo 1.4 does not need the Zn update since it contains the latest version of Zn already.

For more information, visit http://zdc.stfx.eu

Enjoy,

Sven

PS: Zodiac development was partly sponsored by ESUG

Re: Zodiac Alpha Release 2012-01-26

Excellent.
We should announce that on the news of the web site.

Stef