Zodiak SSL on 1.4 problem

Janko Mivšek
Hi guys,

I just installed Zodiak into 1.4 image but
ZdcSecureSocketTests>>#testPlain failed with 'Connection closed while
waiting for data". Any idea what could be wrong? Any idea how to further
debug?

I did:

1. Gofer it
    squeaksource: 'Zodiac';
    package: 'Zodiac-Core';
    package: 'Zodiac-Tests';
    load.

2. Copied from Zodiak OneClick:
     SqueakSSL.dll
     Contents/Linux/SqueakSSL.so
3. Restarted image

On Linux openSuse 12.1 64bit

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Zodiak SSL on 1.4 problem

Sven Van Caekenberghe
Janko,

On 23 Apr 2012, at 15:45, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just installed Zodiak into 1.4 image but
> ZdcSecureSocketTests>>#testPlain failed with 'Connection closed while
> waiting for data". Any idea what could be wrong? Any idea how to further
> debug?
>
> I did:
>
> 1. Gofer it
>    squeaksource: 'Zodiac';
>    package: 'Zodiac-Core';
>    package: 'Zodiac-Tests';
>    load.
>
> 2. Copied from Zodiak OneClick:
>     SqueakSSL.dll
>     Contents/Linux/SqueakSSL.so
> 3. Restarted image
>
> On Linux openSuse 12.1 64bit
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> --
> Janko Mivšek
> Aida/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si

Did you install the 32-bit versions of the OpenSSL libs ?
Something equivalent to sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8:i386 ?

HTH,

Sven

Re: Zodiak SSL on 1.4 problem

Janko Mivšek
Dne 23. 04. 2012 15:51, piše Sven Van Caekenberghe:

>> I just installed Zodiak into 1.4 image but
>> ZdcSecureSocketTests>>#testPlain failed with 'Connection closed while
>> waiting for data". Any idea what could be wrong? Any idea how to further
>> debug?
>>
>> I did:
>>
>> 1. Gofer it
>>    squeaksource: 'Zodiac';
>>    package: 'Zodiac-Core';
>>    package: 'Zodiac-Tests';
>>    load.
>>
>> 2. Copied from Zodiak OneClick:
>>     SqueakSSL.dll
>>     Contents/Linux/SqueakSSL.so
>> 3. Restarted image
>>
>> On Linux openSuse 12.1 64bit

> Did you install the 32-bit versions of the OpenSSL libs ?
> Something equivalent to sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8:i386 ?

Yes, just checked and on openSuse there are always 32bit equivalents
installed on the 64bit system.

Also this exception is raised quite late, after connection is already
established and request sent, but reading the response raises it. I'd
therefore conclude that openSSL library is present and at least partly
works.

Best regards
Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Zodiak SSL on 1.4 problem

Janko Mivšek
Sven, update:

Now I loaded Zodiak-Extra and Zinc-Zodiak and ZnHTTPSTests all pass.
While below mentioned test still fails.

--
Janko Mivšek
Aida/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si

Re: Zodiak SSL on 1.4 problem

Sven Van Caekenberghe

On 23 Apr 2012, at 16:16, Janko Mivšek wrote:

> Now I loaded Zodiac-Extra and Zinc-Zodiac and ZnHTTPSTests all pass.
> While below mentioned test still fails.

OK, I will test again on Linux tonight myself to see for myself.

The extra package that you loaded shouldn't make a difference on the functionality of Zdc itself, they just add stuff, like ZnHTTPSTests.

Thx for reporting,

Sven

--
Sven Van Caekenberghe
http://stfx.eu

Re: Zodiak SSL on 1.4 problem

Camillo Bruni-3

On 2012-04-23, at 16:42, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> On 23 Apr 2012, at 16:16, Janko Mivšek wrote:
>
>> Now I loaded Zodiac-Extra and Zinc-Zodiac and ZnHTTPSTests all pass.
>> While below mentioned test still fails.
>
> OK, I will test again on Linux tonight myself to see for myself.
>
> The extra package that you loaded shouldn't make a difference on the functionality of Zdc itself, they just add stuff, like ZnHTTPSTests.
>
> Thx for reporting,
>
> Sven

did you manually install the SSL extensions to the VM? Cause I think the VM currently build on our servers still include a buggy version of the SSL plugin :/

best
cami