a <sameAs:> DNU from : ZnMessage>>isConnectionClose

a <sameAs:> DNU from : ZnMessage>>isConnectionClose

Bing Liang
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: a <sameAs:> DNU from : ZnMessage>>isConnectionClose

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi Liang,

Headers in HTTP (as represented/implemented by the ZnHeaders object in Pharo) can be multi-valued. That is, a certain header name (key) can occur more than once. That creates a multi-valued situation. For example, there can be multiple cookies being set. But almost always, there is only one header with a unique name.

What you see must be the result of the 'Connection:close' header line being present twice. I would like to understand how that can happen. Do you have any idea ?

I am also not sure (I should check) what the spec says.

What is special here is that although the header line occurs twice, it has the same/identical value.

In any case, it is the first time I hear about this situation.

Sven

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: a <sameAs:> DNU from : ZnMessage>>isConnectionClose

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hi,

I would still like to understand how you get in this situation.

You could try the following modification:

ZnMultiValueDictionary>>#at: key add: value
  "Store value under key. If key already exists, store multiple values as Array"

  | existingValue newValue |
  existingValue := self at: key ifAbsent: [ nil ].
  newValue := existingValue isNil
    ifTrue: [ value ]
    ifFalse: [
      existingValue isArray
        ifTrue: [
          (existingValue includes: value) ifTrue: [ ^ value ].
          existingValue copyWith: value ]
        ifFalse: [
          existingValue = value ifTrue: [ ^ value ].
          Array with: existingValue with: value ] ].
  ^ self at: key put: newValue

This changes one method in a data structure underlying ZnHeaders to prevent it from accepting double entries.

This way, the following expression,

  ZnMultiValueDictionary new at: 'Connection' add: 'close'; at: 'Connection' add: 'close'; yourself.

will result in just one simple association being stored.

Please let me know if this helps.

Sven

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: a <sameAs:> DNU from : ZnMessage>>isConnectionClose

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
My patch prevents the situation that you have a double entry with similar value, because that makes no sense. After that #isConnectionClose (and many other similar tests) will simply work.