about 3.0.5

Philippe Marschall
Hi

Now with Pharo 1.2.1 out I believe we have a nice collection of fixes
[1] that warrants a 3.0.5 release.

The main open points I see are in ConfigurationOfSeaside30. Apart from
the update to the latest versions I see the following changes:
- Update to Swazoo 2.3
- Update the OB version to the one working in Pharo 1.2 (if not already done)
- Grease-Pharo11-Core should be included for Pharo 1.1 (and 1.0 I guess)

 [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside305Changelog

Cheers
Philippe

Re: about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs
I will get started on 3.0 this week and work on including your suggested changes, plus a couple of Gemstone changes ...

Dale

On Apr 23, 2011, at 7:37 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Hi
>
> Now with Pharo 1.2.1 out I believe we have a nice collection of fixes
> [1] that warrants a 3.0.5 release.
>
> The main open points I see are in ConfigurationOfSeaside30. Apart from
> the update to the latest versions I see the following changes:
> - Update to Swazoo 2.3
> - Update the OB version to the one working in Pharo 1.2 (if not already done)
> - Grease-Pharo11-Core should be included for Pharo 1.1 (and 1.0 I guess)
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside305Changelog
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs
There appears to be an issue with updating to Swazoo 2.3...

If you load Swazoo 2.2.0.3 first, then load Swazoo 2.3 on top of it I
get a bunch of test failures. If I reload 2.2.0.3 I get test failures ...

I'm doing my tests in Pharo1.1.1 where the Swazoo tests were green with
2.2.0.3 and Seaside3.0.4...

I didn't run the tests with 3.0.5 and 2.2.0.3 so I'll try that combo
first ...

Perhaps we should hold off going to Swazoo 2.3 until the upgrade problem
is resolved? Or would you prefer to delay 3.0.5?

Dale

On 04/23/2011 07:37 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> Hi
>
> Now with Pharo 1.2.1 out I believe we have a nice collection of fixes
> [1] that warrants a 3.0.5 release.
>
> The main open points I see are in ConfigurationOfSeaside30. Apart from
> the update to the latest versions I see the following changes:
> - Update to Swazoo 2.3
> - Update the OB version to the one working in Pharo 1.2 (if not already done)
> - Grease-Pharo11-Core should be included for Pharo 1.1 (and 1.0 I guess)
>
>   [1] http://code.google.com/p/seaside/wiki/Seaside305Changelog
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: about 3.0.5

Philippe Marschall
2011/4/27 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:

> There appears to be an issue with updating to Swazoo 2.3...
>
> If you load Swazoo 2.2.0.3 first, then load Swazoo 2.3 on top of it I get a
> bunch of test failures. If I reload 2.2.0.3 I get test failures ...
>
> I'm doing my tests in Pharo1.1.1 where the Swazoo tests were green with
> 2.2.0.3 and Seaside3.0.4...
>
> I didn't run the tests with 3.0.5 and 2.2.0.3 so I'll try that combo first

The ones I'm seeing are FileResourceTest and SwazooBaseExtensionsTest
because SPort catches the deprecation notifications. That doesn't seem
like it would affect Seaside. I ran the functional tests and they
work.

> Perhaps we should hold off going to Swazoo 2.3 until the upgrade problem is
> resolved? Or would you prefer to delay 3.0.5?

No, Swazoo on Pharo doesn't have enough users to justify this.
Especially when we have been hit by a but in 2.2 that is fixed in 2.3.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs
On 04/27/2011 10:34 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2011/4/27 Dale Henrichs<[hidden email]>:
>> There appears to be an issue with updating to Swazoo 2.3...
>>
>> If you load Swazoo 2.2.0.3 first, then load Swazoo 2.3 on top of it I get a
>> bunch of test failures. If I reload 2.2.0.3 I get test failures ...
>>
>> I'm doing my tests in Pharo1.1.1 where the Swazoo tests were green with
>> 2.2.0.3 and Seaside3.0.4...
>>
>> I didn't run the tests with 3.0.5 and 2.2.0.3 so I'll try that combo first
>
> The ones I'm seeing are FileResourceTest and SwazooBaseExtensionsTest
> because SPort catches the deprecation notifications. That doesn't seem
> like it would affect Seaside. I ran the functional tests and they
> work.
>
>> Perhaps we should hold off going to Swazoo 2.3 until the upgrade problem is
>> resolved? Or would you prefer to delay 3.0.5?
>
> No, Swazoo on Pharo doesn't have enough users to justify this.
> Especially when we have been hit by a but in 2.2 that is fixed in 2.3.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Excellent! I'll keep on chuggin'

Dale

Re: about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs
On 04/27/2011 10:37 AM, Dale Henrichs wrote:

> On 04/27/2011 10:34 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>> 2011/4/27 Dale Henrichs<[hidden email]>:
>>> There appears to be an issue with updating to Swazoo 2.3...
>>>
>>> If you load Swazoo 2.2.0.3 first, then load Swazoo 2.3 on top of it I get a
>>> bunch of test failures. If I reload 2.2.0.3 I get test failures ...
>>>
>>> I'm doing my tests in Pharo1.1.1 where the Swazoo tests were green with
>>> 2.2.0.3 and Seaside3.0.4...
>>>
>>> I didn't run the tests with 3.0.5 and 2.2.0.3 so I'll try that combo first
>>
>> The ones I'm seeing are FileResourceTest and SwazooBaseExtensionsTest
>> because SPort catches the deprecation notifications. That doesn't seem
>> like it would affect Seaside. I ran the functional tests and they
>> work.
>>
>>> Perhaps we should hold off going to Swazoo 2.3 until the upgrade problem is
>>> resolved? Or would you prefer to delay 3.0.5?
>>
>> No, Swazoo on Pharo doesn't have enough users to justify this.
>> Especially when we have been hit by a but in 2.2 that is fixed in 2.3.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe
>
> Excellent! I'll keep on chuggin'

Here's the tale of the tape for Swazoo 2.3:

1707 run, 1691 passes, 2 expected failures, 0 failures, 14 errors, 0
unexpected passes
Failures:

Errors:
HelloWorldResourceTest>>#testResponse
URIResolutionTest>>#testCompositeAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testCompositeNoAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testLeafAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testNoAnswerWhenDisabled
URIResolutionTest>>#testSiteAnswer
URIResolutionTest>>#testStringMatch
URIResolutionTest>>#testStringMismatch
SwazooConfigurationTest>>#testCompositeResourceSite
SwazooConfigurationTest>>#testMultipleResourcesSite
SwazooConfigurationTest>>#testSingleResourceSite
CompositeResourceTest>>#testAddResource
CompositeResourceTest>>#testAddResources
CompositeResourceTest>>#testCurrentUrl

Looks like all of the errors are due to a missing Global:
HelloWorldResource...I'm running in a 'Pharo-1.1-11411 Latest update:
#11411' image .... I'll just ignore the errors and go on...

Dale

Re: about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs
As of this moment, I have accounted for all of the packages in
Seaside30, so I suppose we need to halt checkins or save the hudson
build or whatever it is that needs to be done so we have prebuilt images
for 3.0.5 ... it will be a day or so before I get the changes integrated
into GemStone (along with a couple of GemStone-specific things) and am
able to release the config...

Dale

Re: about 3.0.5

Philippe Marschall
2011/4/27 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> As of this moment, I have accounted for all of the packages in Seaside30, so
> I suppose we need to halt checkins or save the hudson build or whatever it
> is that needs to be done so we have prebuilt images for 3.0.5 ... it will be
> a day or so before I get the changes integrated into GemStone (along with a
> couple of GemStone-specific things) and am able to release the config...

You'll probably have to record again. Grease-Pharo-Core-as.38 and some
other versions that shouldn't be there were in the repository and
versions that were supposed to be there were not. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs
NO problem at all ... it's just a button press and some cpu time:)

Let me know when the files are in place correctly.

Dale

On Apr 27, 2011, at 11:28 PM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2011/4/27 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
>> As of this moment, I have accounted for all of the packages in Seaside30, so
>> I suppose we need to halt checkins or save the hudson build or whatever it
>> is that needs to be done so we have prebuilt images for 3.0.5 ... it will be
>> a day or so before I get the changes integrated into GemStone (along with a
>> couple of GemStone-specific things) and am able to release the config...
>
> You'll probably have to record again. Grease-Pharo-Core-as.38 and some
> other versions that shouldn't be there were in the repository and
> versions that were supposed to be there were not. Sorry for the
> inconvenience.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Re: about 3.0.5

Philippe Marschall
2011/4/28 Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]>:
> NO problem at all ... it's just a button press and some cpu time:)
>
> Let me know when the files are in place correctly.

It's fine now. It's only the Wip repository that gives me troubles.

Cheers
Philippe

Re: about 3.0.5

Dale Henrichs
On 04/29/2011 08:45 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2011/4/28 Dale Henrichs<[hidden email]>:
>> NO problem at all ... it's just a button press and some cpu time:)
>>
>> Let me know when the files are in place correctly.
>
> It's fine now. It's only the Wip repository that gives me troubles.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Okey dokey ... I'll refresh the working copy of the configs for Grease
1.0.5 and Seaside 3.0.5...

Dale