about communication and collaboration

Stéphane Ducasse
Dear Pharoers

last january I visited another lab and I realised that the Pharo Team was not good at systematically telling what we were doing.
I got quite frustrated by that situation, especially because we are working hard to build a better system.
So we brainstormed when I came back and we want to apply the same ideas that what we do for our research team.

For our research team every monday we get a simple mail that tell us to say to the others what we did and what we
plan to do. Simple, easy.
Then after people of the rmod team can discuss if they want more.

We want to do the same with pharo.
Often this is not that we are not doing things. Often we are doing boring, tedious stupid but $^%&&*^ important tasks and we want that you know it.
In addition we want to share on what we are weekly working. So that you can be more engaged to
join and collaborate with us.

So we will launch an experience and see. For now we will send a notification every two weeks.

the Pharo Team

Re: [Pharo-project] about communication and collaboration

stephane ducasse

On Mar 12, 2013, at 4:48 PM, Serge Stinckwich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Stéphane Ducasse
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Dear Pharoers
>>
>> last january I visited another lab and I realised that the Pharo Team was not good at systematically telling what we were doing.
>> I got quite frustrated by that situation, especially because we are working hard to build a better system.
>> So we brainstormed when I came back and we want to apply the same ideas that what we do for our research team.
>>
>> For our research team every monday we get a simple mail that tell us to say to the others what we did and what we
>> plan to do. Simple, easy.
>> Then after people of the rmod team can discuss if they want more.
>
> It looks like quite an interesting idea in a research team. Do you a
> have a description somewhere how it works ?
> This is similar to a standup meeting ?

we tried but a stand up meeting failed with us.
So we just have a mail
        what you have done
        what you will do

Stfe

> Regards,
> --
> Serge Stinckwich
> UCBN & UMI UMMISCO 209 (IRD/UPMC)
> Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk
> http://doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: about communication and collaboration

NorbertHartl
that's great! Another missing piece of the infrastructure!

Nobert