about condenseChanges

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi marcus/others

I did a condenseChanges and I'm planning to issue a new image. I wanted to avoid to put it in the stream of updates
because since it takes a long time everybody can be penalized but at the same time we will not have the same flow
if we start from 1.0 and press update.
Thoughts?

Re: about condenseChanges

Henrik Sperre Johansen
On May 19, 2010, at 2:05 33PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Hi marcus/others
>
> I did a condenseChanges and I'm planning to issue a new image. I wanted to avoid to put it in the stream of updates
> because since it takes a long time everybody can be penalized but at the same time we will not have the same flow
> if we start from 1.0 and press update.
> Thoughts?
>
> Stef
Is it really necessary?
The difference in a zipped archive together with the image is a meager 1.2MB.
I personally really don't mind the 5MB extra of spent diskspace for the uncondensed .changes file...

Cheers,
Henry

Re: about condenseChanges

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes I thought about that too.
Now I done it to remove strange compiled methods floating around.

Stef

On May 19, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:

> On May 19, 2010, at 2:05 33PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> Hi marcus/others
>>
>> I did a condenseChanges and I'm planning to issue a new image. I wanted to avoid to put it in the stream of updates
>> because since it takes a long time everybody can be penalized but at the same time we will not have the same flow
>> if we start from 1.0 and press update.
>> Thoughts?
>>
>> Stef
> Is it really necessary?
> The difference in a zipped archive together with the image is a meager 1.2MB.
> I personally really don't mind the 5MB extra of spent diskspace for the uncondensed .changes file...
>
> Cheers,
> Henry

Re: about condenseChanges

Marcus Denker-4

On May 19, 2010, at 2:42 PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> Yes I thought about that too.
> Now I done it to remove strange compiled methods floating around.

But that's done with #cleanUpForRelease.... it removes all changesets, then the CMs that are referenced
by them are GCed.

        Marcus

> Stef
>
> On May 19, 2010, at 2:37 PM, Henrik Johansen wrote:
>
>> On May 19, 2010, at 2:05 33PM, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>>
>>> Hi marcus/others
>>>
>>> I did a condenseChanges and I'm planning to issue a new image. I wanted to avoid to put it in the stream of updates
>>> because since it takes a long time everybody can be penalized but at the same time we will not have the same flow
>>> if we start from 1.0 and press update.
>>> Thoughts?
>>>
>>> Stef
>> Is it really necessary?
>> The difference in a zipped archive together with the image is a meager 1.2MB.
>> I personally really don't mind the 5MB extra of spent diskspace for the uncondensed .changes file...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Henry

Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.