about displayString

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi

I would really like that we introduce displayString to keep
printOn: for internal purpose.

Igor I remember that you got a proposal about that.
Do you remember?

Re: about displayString

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Stef,

Dolphin has all long used #display* to represent objects for end users, and #print* for developers.  Squeak grabbed #displayOn: for Morphic, and I would greatly enjoy seeing that cleared up or proved orthogonal to creating text from objects.

Bill