about menu not showing up

Stéphane Ducasse
Hi alain

in scriptLoader I added a menu and I do not why it was working and now it does not show up.
Can yu have a look?
Normally you should do ScriptLoader showIntegrationMenu

Tx

Re: about menu not showing up

Alain Plantec-2
Le 19/05/2010 14:26, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
> Hi alain
>
> in scriptLoader I added a menu and I do not why it was working and now it does not show up.
> Can yu have a look?
> Normally you should do ScriptLoader showIntegrationMenu

I've added Issue 2447 <http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2447>
------------
yes, the menu is rebuilt at compile time (when a method with <worldMenu>
is added, removed or updated).
for optional menu item you have to send a #precondition: message with a
block as argument.
it gives:

menuCommandOn: aBuilder
<worldMenu>

      (aBuilder group: #Integration)
         precondition: [self currentlyIntegratingChanges];
         parent: #System;
         with: [
             (aBuilder item: #'Integrator Menu')
                 action: [ScriptLoader releaseMenu]]

btw: but here you don't need a group, it can be more simple:

menuCommandOn: aBuilder
<worldMenu>

     (aBuilder item: #'Integrator Menu')
         precondition: [self currentlyIntegratingChanges];
         parent: #System;
         action: [ScriptLoader releaseMenu]

Re: about menu not showing up

Stéphane Ducasse