about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Dale. Thanks for doing 3.0.0-alpha5.12!  In the description it says " pick up OmniBrowser 1.1.4 for Pharo1.1 compatibility"

but after evaluating this in pharo 1.1:

(ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12') load

and then this:

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion

it answer 1.1.3, not 1.1.4.

wierd...

BTW, it loaded everything without problems :)

cheers

mariano

Re: about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Dale
That sounds like a currentVersion bug ... what version of Metacello are you using?

Dale

----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Dale. Thanks for doing 3.0.0-alpha5.12!  In the description it says
| "
| pick up OmniBrowser 1.1.4 for Pharo1.1 compatibility"
|
| but after evaluating this in pharo 1.1:
|
| (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12') load
|
| and then this:
|
| ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion
|
| it answer 1.1.3, not 1.1.4.
|
| wierd...
|
| BTW, it loaded everything without problems :)
|
| cheers
|
| mariano

Re: about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Dale
I've looked at the currentVersion for OB in both of my test images (Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1) and in both the answer is 1.1.4...

More details (including a copy of the image) would help me diagnose the problem...

Dale
----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Dale. Thanks for doing 3.0.0-alpha5.12!  In the description it says
| "
| pick up OmniBrowser 1.1.4 for Pharo1.1 compatibility"
|
| but after evaluating this in pharo 1.1:
|
| (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12') load
|
| and then this:
|
| ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion
|
| it answer 1.1.3, not 1.1.4.
|
| wierd...
|
| BTW, it loaded everything without problems :)
|
| cheers
|
| mariano

Re: about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi dale. I just took a clean PharoCore 11357

I load ConfigurationOfSeaside30-DaleHenrichs.145

Then: (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12') load

And these are the outputs:

ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion >=1.0-beta.26.1 [ConfigurationOfMetacello]

ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion  >=1.1.3 [ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser]

Can you reproduce this?

Cheers

Mariano

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've looked at the currentVersion for OB in both of my test images (Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1) and in both the answer is 1.1.4...

More details (including a copy of the image) would help me diagnose the problem...

Dale
----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi Dale. Thanks for doing 3.0.0-alpha5.12!  In the description it says
| "
| pick up OmniBrowser 1.1.4 for Pharo1.1 compatibility"
|
| but after evaluating this in pharo 1.1:
|
| (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12') load
|
| and then this:
|
| ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion
|
| it answer 1.1.3, not 1.1.4.
|
| wierd...
|
| BTW, it loaded everything without problems :)
|
| cheers
|
| mariano

Re: about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Dale
I had done the same thing yesterday using PharoCore-1.1-11335 and got the correct answers, so something must have changed in 11357...

I just got finished updating to PharoCore-1.1-11360, so I'll let you know what I find out later today ...

Dale

----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| Hi dale. I just took a clean PharoCore 11357
|
| I load ConfigurationOfSeaside30-DaleHenrichs.145
|
| Then: (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12')
| load
|
| And these are the outputs:
|
| ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion >=1.0-beta.26.1
| [ConfigurationOfMetacello]
|
| ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion  >=1.1.3
| [ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser]
|
| Can you reproduce this?
|
| Cheers
|
| Mariano
|
| On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Dale Henrichs
| <[hidden email]>wrote:
|
| > I've looked at the currentVersion for OB in both of my test images
| > (Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1) and in both the answer is 1.1.4...
| >
| > More details (including a copy of the image) would help me diagnose
| the
| > problem...
| >
| > Dale
| > ----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | Hi Dale. Thanks for doing 3.0.0-alpha5.12!  In the description it
| says
| > | "
| > | pick up OmniBrowser 1.1.4 for Pharo1.1 compatibility"
| > |
| > | but after evaluating this in pharo 1.1:
| > |
| > | (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12')
| load
| > |
| > | and then this:
| > |
| > | ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion
| > |
| > | it answer 1.1.3, not 1.1.4.
| > |
| > | wierd...
| > |
| > | BTW, it loaded everything without problems :)
| > |
| > | cheers
| > |
| > | mariano

Re: about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Dale
I have reproduced the problem and I understand what is going on ... looks pretty much like a Metacello bug that was induced by the new package in the refactoring browser version ...

I'll start work on a test case and then a fix...

Dale

----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I had done the same thing yesterday using PharoCore-1.1-11335 and got
| the correct answers, so something must have changed in 11357...
|
| I just got finished updating to PharoCore-1.1-11360, so I'll let you
| know what I find out later today ...
|
| Dale
|
| ----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | Hi dale. I just took a clean PharoCore 11357
| |
| | I load ConfigurationOfSeaside30-DaleHenrichs.145
| |
| | Then: (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version: '3.0.0-alpha5.12')
| | load
| |
| | And these are the outputs:
| |
| | ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion >=1.0-beta.26.1
| | [ConfigurationOfMetacello]
| |
| | ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion  >=1.1.3
| | [ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser]
| |
| | Can you reproduce this?
| |
| | Cheers
| |
| | Mariano
| |
| | On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Dale Henrichs
| | <[hidden email]>wrote:
| |
| | > I've looked at the currentVersion for OB in both of my test
| images
| | > (Pharo1.0 and Pharo1.1) and in both the answer is 1.1.4...
| | >
| | > More details (including a copy of the image) would help me
| diagnose
| | the
| | > problem...
| | >
| | > Dale

| it
| | says
| | > |
| | load
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |
| | > |

Re: about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Dale
Ahhh, the bug was induced because Grease was only loading version 1.2 of the refactoring browser and that dragged down the version OmniBrowser ... I've adjusted the Grease config to pick up version 1.3, which makes OmniBrowser's current version 1.1.4 ...

It's still a Metacello bug, just not quite as visible:)

Dale
----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I have reproduced the problem and I understand what is going on ...
| looks pretty much like a Metacello bug that was induced by the new
| package in the refactoring browser version ...
|
| I'll start work on a test case and then a fix...
|
| Dale
|
| ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | I had done the same thing yesterday using PharoCore-1.1-11335 and
| got
| | the correct answers, so something must have changed in 11357...
| |
| | I just got finished updating to PharoCore-1.1-11360, so I'll let
| you
| | know what I find out later today ...
| |
| | Dale
| |
| | ----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| |
| | | Hi dale. I just took a clean PharoCore 11357
| | |
| | | I load ConfigurationOfSeaside30-DaleHenrichs.145
| | |
| | | Then: (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version:
| '3.0.0-alpha5.12')
| | | load
| | |
| | | And these are the outputs:
| | |
| | | ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion >=1.0-beta.26.1
| | | [ConfigurationOfMetacello]
| | |
| | | ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion  >=1.1.3
| | | [ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser]
| | |
| | | Can you reproduce this?
| | |
| | | Cheers
| | |
| | | Mariano
| | |
| | | On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Dale Henrichs
| | | <[hidden email]>wrote:
| | |
| | images

| | diagnose
| | | the

| description
| | it
| | | says
| | | > |
| | | load
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ahhh, the bug was induced because Grease was only loading version 1.2 of the refactoring browser and that dragged down the version OmniBrowser ... I've adjusted the Grease config to pick up version 1.3, which makes OmniBrowser's current version 1.1.4 ...

hahahah  this is exactly the same problem (I think) we reported you with Alexandre. ConfigurationOfAutomethodCateg.. was pointing to an older version of OB and from Conf of pharo, we were pointing to a new one.....

It's still a Metacello bug, just not quite as visible:)

Dale
----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| I have reproduced the problem and I understand what is going on ...
| looks pretty much like a Metacello bug that was induced by the new
| package in the refactoring browser version ...
|
| I'll start work on a test case and then a fix...
|
| Dale
|
| ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
|
| | I had done the same thing yesterday using PharoCore-1.1-11335 and
| got
| | the correct answers, so something must have changed in 11357...
| |
| | I just got finished updating to PharoCore-1.1-11360, so I'll let
| you
| | know what I find out later today ...
| |
| | Dale
| |
| | ----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| |
| | | Hi dale. I just took a clean PharoCore 11357
| | |
| | | I load ConfigurationOfSeaside30-DaleHenrichs.145
| | |
| | | Then: (ConfigurationOfSeaside30 project version:
| '3.0.0-alpha5.12')
| | | load
| | |
| | | And these are the outputs:
| | |
| | | ConfigurationOfMetacello project currentVersion >=1.0-beta.26.1
| | | [ConfigurationOfMetacello]
| | |
| | | ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser project currentVersion  >=1.1.3
| | | [ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser]
| | |
| | | Can you reproduce this?
| | |
| | | Cheers
| | |
| | | Mariano
| | |
| | | On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:38 PM, Dale Henrichs
| | | <[hidden email]>wrote:
| | |
| | images

| | diagnose
| | | the

| description
| | it
| | | says
| | | > |
| | | load
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |
| | | > |

Re: about seaside 3.0.0-alpha5.12

Dale
Mariano,

The bug is subtly different (if I remember correctly)...

In Alexandre's case an older version of the project was (correctly) being loaded first and then the new version was being (correctly) loaded on top of it ... the old version however triggered the deprecated warning in Pharo1.1. In Alexandre's case there really wasn't a Metacello bug.

In this case the old version of the project is being (correctly) loaded, but the new version of the project is _not_ being loaded at all...In this case it really is a Metacello bug:)

See Issue 77 (http://code.google.com/p/metacello/issues/detail?id=77) for the gory details.

The other potential "bug" is that the current version of OB showed up as 1.1.3 when all of the mcz files matched the spec, but the project that it referenced did not ... Given the circumstances (the newer version of Repository Browser was _not_ loaded due to a bug), I think that it was correct to show OB as 1.1.3, especially since doing so, lead to you reporting the odd behavior:)

Dale
----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Dale Henrichs
| <[hidden email]>wrote:
|
| > Ahhh, the bug was induced because Grease was only loading version
| 1.2 of
| > the refactoring browser and that dragged down the version
| OmniBrowser ...
| > I've adjusted the Grease config to pick up version 1.3, which makes
| > OmniBrowser's current version 1.1.4 ...
| >

| hahahah  this is exactly the same problem (I think) we reported you
| with
| Alexandre. ConfigurationOfAutomethodCateg.. was pointing to an older
| version
| of OB and from Conf of pharo, we were pointing to a new one.....
|

| > It's still a Metacello bug, just not quite as visible:)
| >
| > Dale
| > ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | I have reproduced the problem and I understand what is going on
| > | looks pretty much like a Metacello bug that was induced by the
| new
| > | package in the refactoring browser version ...
| > |
| > | I'll start work on a test case and then a fix...
| > |
| > | Dale
| > |
| > | ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| > |
| and
| > | got
| > | |
| let
| > | you
| > | |
| > | |
| > | |
| > | | |
| > | | |
| > | '3.0.0-alpha5.12')
| > | | |
| > | | |
| >=1.0-beta.26.1
| > | | |
| > | | |
| > | | |
| > | | |
| > | | |
| > | | |

| > | description
| > | | | > |
| '3.0.0-alpha5.12')
| > | | | > |
| > | | | > |
| > | | | > |
| > | | | > |
| > | | | > |
| > | | | > |

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 1:54 AM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I got it. Thanks for the explanation ;)

Good fishing with the bug!

Dale
----- "Mariano Martinez Peck" <[hidden email]> wrote:

| On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 11:25 PM, Dale Henrichs
| <[hidden email]>wrote:
|
| > Ahhh, the bug was induced because Grease was only loading version
| 1.2 of
| > the refactoring browser and that dragged down the version
| OmniBrowser ...
| > I've adjusted the Grease config to pick up version 1.3, which makes
| > OmniBrowser's current version 1.1.4 ...
| >

| hahahah  this is exactly the same problem (I think) we reported you
| with
| Alexandre. ConfigurationOfAutomethodCateg.. was pointing to an older
| version
| of OB and from Conf of pharo, we were pointing to a new one.....
|

| > It's still a Metacello bug, just not quite as visible:)
| >
| > Dale
| > ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote:
| >
| > | I have reproduced the problem and I understand what is going on
| > | looks pretty much like a Metacello bug that was induced by the
| new
| > | package in the refactoring browser version ...
| > |
| > | I'll start work on a test case and then a fix...
| > |
| > | Dale
| > |
| > | ----- "Dale Henrichs" <[hidden email]> wrote: