access to the serial interface?

FDominicus
I'm wondering how to I access the serial interface on the diverse
Platforms with Pharo.

On Unix I assume I just can open the "/dev/ttyX" as Stream?
What about access to COM: stuff in Windows. Just open it and see what
will happen?

Regards
Friedrich

Re: access to the serial interface?

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Friedrich,

I am having some success, but named ports are broken.  The attached is a fileout of my current SerialPort class.  Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

On Windows, you should find that COM1, COM2, etc. will work.  Expect problems with COM10 and up; you will likely need to use something like \\.COMnn.  On Linux, /dev/ttySnn works IF you fix the named ports.

Bill

I'm wondering how to I access the serial interface on the diverse
Platforms with Pharo.

On Unix I assume I just can open the "/dev/ttyX" as Stream?
What about access to COM: stuff in Windows. Just open it and see what
will happen?

Regards
Friedrich

SerialPort.st (14K) Download Attachment