actions and path

sebastianconcept
Hi guys,

I want to play a little bit with Iliad and I need to do an action based on a path, possible?

Let's say I want the counter to increase when the request has a path like:
blahblah/counter/add

and decrease
blahblah/counter/subtract

possible? yes? how?

:)

seb

o/

Re: actions and path

ZuLuuuuuu
If you just want a Smalltalk code to be executed and the current page is not changed when a new url is entered then I dont know if it is possible and I guess it should be done using the normal way like in the counter example.

But if you dont mind page reloading then just create a controller named "add" in your application class like this:

add [
    <category: 'controllers'>

    counter := counter + 1.

    ^pageContents
]
Canol Gökel

Re: actions and path

sebastianconcept
Iliad simplicity is #win

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 6:43 AM, ZuLuuuuuu [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:
If you just want a Smalltalk code to be executed and the current page is not changed when a new url is entered then I dont know if it is possible and I guess it should be done using the normal way like in the counter example.

But if you dont mind page reloading then just create a controller named "add" in your application class like this:

add [
    <category: 'controllers'>

    counter := counter + 1.

    ^pageContents
]
Canol Gökel

http://forum.world.st/actions-and-path-tp3859596p3862442.html
To start a new topic under Iliad, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Iliad, click here.

Re: actions and path

ZuLuuuuuu
That's right. By the way, I guess you are not registered to Iliad Google group, that's why only forum.world.st users can see your messages. If you register to Google group your messages will be seen by everybody:

http://groups.google.com/group/iliad

sebastianconcept wrote

[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you just want a Smalltalk code to be executed and the current page is
> not changed when a new url is entered then I dont know if it is possible and
> I guess it should be done using the normal way like in the counter example.
>
> But if you dont mind page reloading then just create a controller named
> "add" in your application class like this:
>
> add [
>     <category: 'controllers'>
>
>     counter := counter + 1.
>
>     ^pageContents
> ]
> Canol Gökel

Canol Gökel

Re: actions and path

sebastianconcept
I've subscribed now :)

double checking..

yeah, the google groups UI offers the unsuscribe

[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you just want a Smalltalk code to be executed and the current page is
> not changed when a new url is entered then I dont know if it is possible and
> I guess it should be done using the normal way like in the counter example.
>
> But if you dont mind page reloading then just create a controller named
> "add" in your application class like this:
>
> add [
>     <category: 'controllers'>
>
>     counter := counter + 1.
>
>     ^pageContents