actions on tags in Glamour

Usman Bhatti
Hi,

I would like to associate a GLMAction with tags in GLMListPresentation. As to what I have understood so far, tags can only be used to filter and filtering can be customized with filteringBlock. This does not suit my needs.

Is there any specific place where I can start looking if I had to extend glamour to support such kind of a list?

tx.

uman

Re: actions on tags in Glamour

Tudor Girba-2
What kind of action would you like?

Is a selection action that maps on a menu item not enough?

Doru

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to associate a GLMAction with tags in GLMListPresentation. As to what I have understood so far, tags can only be used to filter and filtering can be customized with filteringBlock. This does not suit my needs.

Is there any specific place where I can start looking if I had to extend glamour to support such kind of a list?

tx.

uman

"Every thing has its own flow"

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 1:18 PM, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> wrote:
What kind of action would you like?

The same actions that glamour allows with selection menu.

Is a selection action that maps on a menu item not enough?

The purpose is to replace selection menu with more visible icons in the list and hence one knows what are the possible actions on items, just a matter of better ergonomie.

Doru

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to associate a GLMAction with tags in GLMListPresentation. As to what I have understood so far, tags can only be used to filter and filtering can be customized with filteringBlock. This does not suit my needs.

Is there any specific place where I can start looking if I had to extend glamour to support such kind of a list?

tx.

uman

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: actions on tags in Glamour

Andrei Chis
Hi Usman,

I do not think that in their current form tags are what you need.

Tags do not execute a generic action when you click them.
Whenever you click on a tag it is added to a list of tags that is actually maintain by a tree/lis morph model and then the
tree/list is asked to update itself. Whenever a list/tree is updates only those elements that have a tag contained
by the tree/list are displayed.

To get more insight into how this works have a look in the GLMTreeMorphNodeModel class in the 'callbacks' category.
#buttonForTag:filter: is used to render the button and #toggleFilteringByTag: is executed when you click the button.
There is a more complex logic to get the tags of an element as in table presentations each column can have it's own tags.

Hope this helps.

Andrei

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 5:10 AM, Usman Bhatti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to associate a GLMAction with tags in GLMListPresentation. As to what I have understood so far, tags can only be used to filter and filtering can be customized with filteringBlock. This does not suit my needs.

Is there any specific place where I can start looking if I had to extend glamour to support such kind of a list?

tx.

uman

Re: actions on tags in Glamour

Usman Bhatti
Hi Andrei,

On Sat, Oct 18, 2014 at 2:53 AM, Andrei Chis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Usman,

I do not think that in their current form tags are what you need.

Tags do not execute a generic action when you click them.
Whenever you click on a tag it is added to a list of tags that is actually maintain by a tree/lis morph model and then the
tree/list is asked to update itself. Whenever a list/tree is updates only those elements that have a tag contained
by the tree/list are displayed.

To get more insight into how this works have a look in the GLMTreeMorphNodeModel class in the 'callbacks' category.
#buttonForTag:filter: is used to render the button and #toggleFilteringByTag: is executed when you click the button.

Tx. I was able to dig this far and execute GLMGeneric action for tags. Now, I have an extension of a tree in glamour where tags can take action blocks. I couldn't make both filtering and action blocks work simultaneously because that requires a bit of refactoring in Glamour but if you are interested in integrating this feature, let me know and I can share my code.

usman