add return its argument

stephane ducasse
if somebody wants to check that the fixes I made are ok
and that at:put: and add: return their arguments

addReturnValue.1.cs (7K) Download Attachment

Re: add return its argument

Lukas Renggli
That looks good to me. If no additional tests break after loading it,
I guess it should be clear to integrate. It is important to have a
uniform protocol. We should do the same for #nextPut: and #nextPutAll:

Lukas

2010/5/8 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:

> if somebody wants to check that the fixes I made are ok
> and that at:put: and add: return their arguments
>

> Stef

Lukas Renggli
www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: add return its argument

Stéphane Ducasse
Tx!
Soon in the update.

On May 8, 2010, at 5:49 PM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

> That looks good to me. If no additional tests break after loading it,
> I guess it should be clear to integrate. It is important to have a
> uniform protocol. We should do the same for #nextPut: and #nextPutAll:
>
> Lukas
>
> 2010/5/8 stephane ducasse <[hidden email]>:
>> if somebody wants to check that the fixes I made are ok
>> and that at:put: and add: return their arguments
>>

>> Stef

> Lukas Renggli
> www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: add return its argument

NorbertHartl
I don't have time to scan the mailing list in detail. Was there any discussion that led to this change? Any pointers appreciated. I always thought the comfort of being able to chain selectors like add: outweighs the uniformity.

Norbert

On 08.05.2010, at 17:31, stephane ducasse wrote:

> if somebody wants to check that the fixes I made are ok
> and that at:put: and add: return their arguments
>

> <addReturnValue.1.cs>

> Pharo-project mailing list

Re: add return its argument

Stéphane Ducasse
consistency
and this is linked to the work of nicolas to do the same in Squeak.
Stef