addSite: being too picky?

Randal L. Schwartz

I briefly skimmed the archives, but didn't see an answer to this.

It looks like SwazooServer>>addSite: is being too picky.  Why can't I have one
site at 'localhost:1234' and another at 'localhost:4567'?  It looks like that
second one will be rejected for being the same "host" as the first one.

As in, it's the combination of host and port that decides uniqueness for
listening, not just the host name.  Or do both of these ports end up being
"inside" the same site somehow?

Re: addSite: being too picky?

Janko Mivšek
Hi Randal,

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
> I briefly skimmed the archives, but didn't see an answer to this.
>
> It looks like SwazooServer>>addSite: is being too picky.  Why can't I have one
> site at 'localhost:1234' and another at 'localhost:4567'?  It looks like that
> second one will be rejected for being the same "host" as the first one.

Yes, you are right, an algorithm to decide when the (host ip port)
combination is allowed or not is too restrictive in current 2.1 beta. In
2.1 we are introducing a Swazoo running on all IP interfaces and all
hosts, but on same port, as Seasiders are used to with Kom startOn:
somePort'.

Swazoo has now this capability too but in that case adding more sites is
restricted to right combination of above mentioned (host ip port)
combination. Currently too restricted, actually to one site only.  So
I'll extend that to run more sites, as is in your case. Stay tuned!

> As in, it's the combination of host and port that decides uniqueness for
> listening, not just the host name.  Or do both of these ports end up being
> "inside" the same site somehow?

Best regards
Janko Mivšek
maintainer of Swazoo