adding a /favicon.ico handler to the development tools?

adding a /favicon.ico handler to the development tools?

Philippe Marschall
Hi

Browsers check for a /favicon.ico even if it's not liked in the root
of the document. In development that can lead to a situation where the
favicon of an application (let's say Tomcat) that was previously
running on port 8080 (or whatever Seaside is running on) is displayed
for Seaside. We could simply add a request handler for '/favicon.ico'
in the development tools that answers the Seaside icon.

Do you think this is worthwhile or unnecessary?

Cheers
Philippe

Re: adding a /favicon.ico handler to the development tools?

Julian Fitzell-2
Necessary, no... but I don't see a problem with it except cluttering
up the list of handlers. A filter on the root dispatcher might be
another option...? (though I'm not sure if it's a better one)

Julian