adding a keyboard shotcut in SystemBrowser

adding a keyboard shotcut in SystemBrowser

laurent laffont
Hi,

I would like to add a keyboard shortcut in SystemBrowser to trigger Autotest as it's tedious to add/remove a space + accept a method to trigger it.

I cannot find how I should do this. Ideally this would be an Autotest class extension.

Re: adding a keyboard shotcut in SystemBrowser

Dave Woodward-2
On 07/02/2010 03:16 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
Hi,

I would like to add a keyboard shortcut in SystemBrowser to trigger Autotest as it's tedious to add/remove a space + accept a method to trigger it.

I cannot find how I should do this. Ideally this would be an Autotest class extension.

I just recently hacked up ParagraphEditor locally to add Emacs-like cursor navigation for the code editor.  It has two class side initialization methods which setup callback to some instance side methods.  This was in Pharo 1.0, I don't know about 1.1 or 1.2.  I also don't know how you'd make the shortcuts cleanly extensible (seems like it might be a good small project?).

Dave Woodward
www.promedmedical.net
317.332.6438

Re: adding a keyboard shotcut in SystemBrowser

Stéphane Ducasse
Dave

I did that more than 5 years ago and it was a nightmare.
I would really like to have a clean room implementation so that we can plug on instance editor potentially different keybinding.

So yes if somebody want to play with that it would be great.

Note that by using an instance variable pointing to a classVar, and only have the method referencing the instance variable
we can get a shared table with possible per instance specialization to  optimise space.

Stef

On Jul 2, 2010, at 6:59 PM, Dave Woodward wrote:

> On 07/02/2010 03:16 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to add a keyboard shortcut in SystemBrowser to trigger Autotest as it's tedious to add/remove a space + accept a method to trigger it.
>>
>> I cannot find how I should do this. Ideally this would be an Autotest class extension.
>
> I just recently hacked up ParagraphEditor locally to add Emacs-like cursor navigation for the code editor.

I would love that :)

>  It has two class side initialization methods which setup callback to some instance side methods.  This was in Pharo 1.0, I don't know about 1.1 or 1.2.  I also don't know how you'd make the shortcuts cleanly extensible (seems like it might be a good small project?).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Laurent Laffont
>>
>> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
>> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

> Dave Woodward
>
> www.promedmedical.net
>
> 317.332.6438

Re: adding a keyboard shotcut in SystemBrowser

Gary Chambers-4
Petals a pragma approach for registering key shortcuts in context?

Sent from my iPad

On 2 Jul 2010, at 06:12 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dave
>
> I did that more than 5 years ago and it was a nightmare.
> I would really like to have a clean room implementation so that we can plug on instance editor potentially different keybinding.
>
> So yes if somebody want to play with that it would be great.
>

> Note that by using an instance variable pointing to a classVar, and only have the method referencing the instance variable
> we can get a shared table with possible per instance specialization to  optimise space.
>

> Stef
>
> On Jul 2, 2010, at 6:59 PM, Dave Woodward wrote:
>
>> On 07/02/2010 03:16 AM, laurent laffont wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to add a keyboard shortcut in SystemBrowser to trigger Autotest as it's tedious to add/remove a space + accept a method to trigger it.
>>>
>>> I cannot find how I should do this. Ideally this would be an Autotest class extension.
>>
>> I just recently hacked up ParagraphEditor locally to add Emacs-like cursor navigation for the code editor.
>
> I would love that :)
>
>> It has two class side initialization methods which setup callback to some instance side methods.  This was in Pharo 1.0, I don't know about 1.1 or 1.2.  I also don't know how you'd make the shortcuts cleanly extensible (seems like it might be a good small project?).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Laurent Laffont
>>>
>>> http://pharocasts.blogspot.com/
>>> http://magaloma.blogspot.com/

>> --
>> Dave Woodward
>>
>> www.promedmedical.net
>>
>> 317.332.6438
>>
>> [hidden email]

Re: adding a keyboard shotcut in SystemBrowser

Stéphane Ducasse
but we will have still to have the notion of coherent set.

Stef