adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

pdigonzelli1
Hi all. I need to know how can i do if i want add new behaviour ( a new method ) to a single instance object of a class.
It means not to add new selector to the class but i want a single instance responds that mesage.
Where can i read about it?
Tia

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Dividato SA
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

Idea is to implement behaviour (also with state) in normal way with classes and then dynamically install it to any existing objects

Cel: 5493815982714

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

pdigonzelli1
Thanks Denis, I will take a look . I think this is what  i need.

Tia

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Dividato SA
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Cel: 5493815982714

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

Steven Costiou-2

Hi,

could you describe why you need this ? Do you have a usecase ?

Just interested to know, as i work on similar mechanisms.

Steven.

kloum.io

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

pdigonzelli1
Hi Steven . For the moment i just want to understand how it is possible.
In the future may be i can apply this mechanism for future projects.

Pablo

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Dividato SA
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

De: "Steven Costiou" <[hidden email]>
Para: "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
CC: "Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]>
Enviados: Viernes, 3 de Marzo 2017 11:03:23

Hi,

could you describe why you need this ? Do you have a usecase ?

Just interested to know, as i work on similar mechanisms.

Steven.

Le 2017-03-03 14:55, Pablo R. Digonzelli a écrit :

Thanks Denis, I will take a look . I think this is what  i need.

Tia

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Dividato SA
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

kloum.io

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

stepharong
Pablo I would not use talents.

You can use an anonymous classes.

Have a look at the chapter of

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/view/Books/job/BuildingLanguageKernels/4/artifact/build/book.pdf

Thanks Denis, I will take a look . I think this is what  i need.

Tia

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Dividato SA
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

stepharong

It is really possible and we are working on a new implementation of talents based on anonymous classes.
Now what you should know is that
- i would use this mechanism for debugging/tooling
- i would try to avoid this as much as possible for domain modeling because
it breaks all the hidden assumptions we have.

stef

Hi Steven . For the moment i just want to understand how it is possible.
In the future may be i can apply this mechanism for future projects.

Pablo

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Dividato SA
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

pdigonzelli1
Hi Stef. I was reading your link.
I found it very interesting . I think i will working in that direction having in mind your advise.
Tia

Ing. Pablo Digonzelli
Software Solutions
IP-Solutiones SRL
Dividato SA
25 de Mayo 521
San Miguel de Tucumán
Email: [hidden email]
[hidden email]
Cel: 5493815982714

Re: adding messages dinamically to a single instance object

hernanmd
Hola Pablo,

This technique is not something new, it was reported at least +20 years ago. You can read about it in a SO answer I wrote; http://stackoverflow.com/a/14202534 where there is a link to a foundational paper.
Let us know what are you trying to do.

Cheers,

Hernán

Cel: 5493815982714

On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 05:19:35 +0100, Pablo R. Digonzelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Stef. I was reading your link.
I found it very interesting .

Black magic is seductive :)
But it burns your soul :)
Look like a good black sabbath song

De: "stepharong" <[hidden email]>
Para: "Pablo Digonzelli" <[hidden email]>
CC: "Steven Costiou" <[hidden email]>, "Any question about pharo is welcome" <[hidden email]>
Enviados: Lunes, 6 de Marzo 2017 17:39:08