afterLogin

Facundo Ciccioli
Hello. I'm having some problems with the afterLogin message. Well, not
with the message itself, but with the feature it enables: returning to
the last page you visited prior to logout, after you login again. I
still can't reproduce the problem, ie. it's still erratic, and
sometimes it happens, and sometimes it works fine. It seems that
sometimes afterLogin remembers the wrong URI, and then when you login
you can get... an icon!... for instance, or some other weird page you
never were in but you surely referenced indirectly (yesterday I ended
up seeing the scripts.js file after a login...).

So no, I don't have a concrete question. But since I find myself
pretty lost in solving this problem, I wanted to see if anyone has
ever come accross the same or similar thing.

That's all. Apologies for the vagueness. Kindly,
FaQ

Re: afterLogin

Janko Mivšek
Hi Faundo,

In latest beta2 you can switch-off that auto redirection to the page
where you logged out and jump to some other URL instead:

        AIDASite default afterLogin: anUrlToJumpTo

You can switch-on back with:

        AIDASite default afterLogin: #lastPage

I hope this will help.

Best regards
Janko

Facundo Ciccioli pravi:

> Hello. I'm having some problems with the afterLogin message. Well, not
> with the message itself, but with the feature it enables: returning to
> the last page you visited prior to logout, after you login again. I
> still can't reproduce the problem, ie. it's still erratic, and
> sometimes it happens, and sometimes it works fine. It seems that
> sometimes afterLogin remembers the wrong URI, and then when you login
> you can get... an icon!... for instance, or some other weird page you
> never were in but you surely referenced indirectly (yesterday I ended
> up seeing the scripts.js file after a login...).
>
> So no, I don't have a concrete question. But since I find myself
> pretty lost in solving this problem, I wanted to see if anyone has
> ever come accross the same or similar thing.
>
> That's all. Apologies for the vagueness. Kindly,
> FaQ

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: afterLogin

Facundo Ciccioli
Hi. Thanks Janko, we've done what you suggest as a temporary solution,
but we want to go to the originally requested URL after logging in.

I've been extensively researching AIDA to try and find out what could
be happening. I found out that the afterLogin property is in the
AIDASite class. This doesn't seem right, since it implies that if two
people requests two diferent pages from the same site, one of them
will get what the other requested after he gets logged in.

In any case, I don't yet see how could this be the cause of out
problem. What happens to us is that it seems like the afterLogin
property gets setted to weird things like an image or a Javascript
script (both being things that were requested by the browser because
they are part of a page requested by the user). I'll keep looking to
throw some more light on it, but any clue is welcome.

Best regards, thanks for reading,
Facundo

2009/5/7 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:

> Hi Faundo,
>
> In latest beta2 you can switch-off that auto redirection to the page
> where you logged out and jump to some other URL instead:
>
>        AIDASite default afterLogin: anUrlToJumpTo
>
> You can switch-on back with:
>
>        AIDASite default afterLogin: #lastPage
>
> I hope this will help.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>

> Facundo Ciccioli pravi:
>> Hello. I'm having some problems with the afterLogin message. Well, not
>> with the message itself, but with the feature it enables: returning to
>> the last page you visited prior to logout, after you login again. I
>> still can't reproduce the problem, ie. it's still erratic, and
>> sometimes it happens, and sometimes it works fine. It seems that
>> sometimes afterLogin remembers the wrong URI, and then when you login
>> you can get... an icon!... for instance, or some other weird page you
>> never were in but you surely referenced indirectly (yesterday I ended
>> up seeing the scripts.js file after a login...).
>>
>> So no, I don't have a concrete question. But since I find myself
>> pretty lost in solving this problem, I wanted to see if anyone has
>> ever come accross the same or similar thing.
>>
>> That's all. Apologies for the vagueness. Kindly,
>> FaQ

> Janko Mivšek
> Svetovalec za informatiko
> Eranova d.o.o.
> Ljubljana, Slovenija
> www.eranova.si
> tel:  01 514 22 55
> faks: 01 514 22 56
> gsm: 031 674 565

Re: afterLogin

Janko Mivšek
Facundo Ciccioli pravi:

> Hi. Thanks Janko, we've done what you suggest as a temporary solution,
> but we want to go to the originally requested URL after logging in.
>
> I've been extensively researching AIDA to try and find out what could
> be happening. I found out that the afterLogin property is in the
> AIDASite class. This doesn't seem right, since it implies that if two
> people requests two diferent pages from the same site, one of them
> will get what the other requested after he gets logged in.

In AIDASite settings there is #afterLogin settings, but if you setup Url
there, you'll be always redirected to just this Url after login. This is
therefore not where you should look for a problem.

The last page Url is always stored in your WebUser. See
WebSession>>logout, in last line: usr logoutFromUrl: origin.

Here can be a problem, see how the origin url is determined:

        orgin := self lastAppUrl.

It could be that the lastApp is actually not what you expected but
something else, if on that session more apps are running in parallel, or
if you look at the same domain object in many tabs on the same browser.
We need to improve that. Hmm, how?

Best regards
Janko

> In any case, I don't yet see how could this be the cause of out
> problem. What happens to us is that it seems like the afterLogin
> property gets setted to weird things like an image or a Javascript
> script (both being things that were requested by the browser because
> they are part of a page requested by the user). I'll keep looking to
> throw some more light on it, but any clue is welcome.
>
> Best regards, thanks for reading,
> Facundo
>
> 2009/5/7 Janko Mivšek <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Faundo,
>>
>> In latest beta2 you can switch-off that auto redirection to the page
>> where you logged out and jump to some other URL instead:
>>
>>        AIDASite default afterLogin: anUrlToJumpTo
>>
>> You can switch-on back with:
>>
>>        AIDASite default afterLogin: #lastPage
>>
>> I hope this will help.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Janko
>>

>> Facundo Ciccioli pravi:
>>> Hello. I'm having some problems with the afterLogin message. Well, not
>>> with the message itself, but with the feature it enables: returning to
>>> the last page you visited prior to logout, after you login again. I
>>> still can't reproduce the problem, ie. it's still erratic, and
>>> sometimes it happens, and sometimes it works fine. It seems that
>>> sometimes afterLogin remembers the wrong URI, and then when you login
>>> you can get... an icon!... for instance, or some other weird page you
>>> never were in but you surely referenced indirectly (yesterday I ended
>>> up seeing the scripts.js file after a login...).
>>>
>>> So no, I don't have a concrete question. But since I find myself
>>> pretty lost in solving this problem, I wanted to see if anyone has
>>> ever come accross the same or similar thing.
>>>
>>> That's all. Apologies for the vagueness. Kindly,
>>> FaQ
>>>
>> --
>> Janko Mivšek
>> Svetovalec za informatiko
>> Eranova d.o.o.
>> Ljubljana, Slovenija
>> www.eranova.si
>> tel:  01 514 22 55
>> faks: 01 514 22 56
>> gsm: 031 674 565

Janko Mivšek
Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si
tel:  01 514 22 55
faks: 01 514 22 56
gsm: 031 674 565

Re: afterLogin

Gerardo Richarte

> orgin := self lastAppUrl.
>
> It could be that the lastApp is actually not what you expected but
> something else, if on that session more apps are running in parallel, or
> if you look at the same domain object in many tabs on the same browser.
> We need to improve that. Hmm, how?

    Some sites just add the URL to redirect to as an argument to the
login form. That saves session state, and will solve your problem too.

    just a thought
    gera