aidahosting?

Nicolas Petton
Dear aiders,

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz asked me about a place to host aida apps, like
seaside hosting does. I think he's right, it can be a goog idea.

The question is where can we host it ? I can't offer my help for
hosting, but if someone wants to, it would be great.

Of course I can write the web app, and ask my designer for a design too.

Cheers!

Nico

--
Nicolas Petton
http://nico.bioskop.fr

Re: aidahosting?

Janko Mivšek
Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz asked me about a place to host aida apps, like
> seaside hosting does. I think he's right, it can be a goog idea.
>
> The question is where can we host it ? I can't offer my help for
> hosting, but if someone wants to, it would be great.
>
> Of course I can write the web app, and ask my designer for a design too.

Yep, time comes to think and act about hosting too. We can host on my
collocated server for start but we need to prepare an infrastructure:

1. hosting web app to register, upload, start/stop image (Squeak, VW)
2. Swazoo reverse proxy, at least something simple for start (Apache
could be probably too difficult to maintain automatically and developing
Swazoo reverse proxy is faster.
3. for every user opening a new linux account and put his image in
chroot jail for security
4. all image uploads/downloads only through hosting web app, for
security (no FTP, no SSH).

That's my quick thoughts for start. So Nicolas, you are willing to start
with hosting web app?

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web

Re: aidahosting?

Nicolas Petton

Le samedi 15 mars 2008 à 13:55 +0100, Janko Mivšek a écrit :

> Nicolas Petton wrote:
>
> > Giuseppe Luigi Punzi Ruiz asked me about a place to host aida apps, like
> > seaside hosting does. I think he's right, it can be a goog idea.
> >
> > The question is where can we host it ? I can't offer my help for
> > hosting, but if someone wants to, it would be great.
> >
> > Of course I can write the web app, and ask my designer for a design too.
>
> Yep, time comes to think and act about hosting too. We can host on my
> collocated server for start but we need to prepare an infrastructure:
>
> 1. hosting web app to register, upload, start/stop image (Squeak, VW)
> 2. Swazoo reverse proxy, at least something simple for start (Apache
> could be probably too difficult to maintain automatically and developing
> Swazoo reverse proxy is faster.
> 3. for every user opening a new linux account and put his image in
> chroot jail for security
> 4. all image uploads/downloads only through hosting web app, for
> security (no FTP, no SSH).
>
> That's my quick thoughts for start. So Nicolas, you are willing to start
> with hosting web app?
Write an application for that, yes. I will start as soon as I'll have
some time.

Cheers!

Nico
--