aix core dump

Gary Peterson-2
Hello All,

We've converted from 7.6 to 7.9.1, and things seem smooth except we're noticing some core dumps in 7.9.1 (can't remember any in 7.6). This is in our unix aix images. Our windows images seem fine.

Just starting to investigate this, and of course,it's during a crunch, so just wondering if anyone has any related experiences / aix / 7.9.1, ...

Usually when we are starting an image or soon after. However it's not consistent, some good starts, some with core dump.

Thank you,

Gary P

Re: aix core dump

Peter Goessaert

Hi Gary,

We had very similar behavior, the 7.9.1 engine proved to be unreliable (on windows in our case) – there appears to be a bug in the garbage collector which causes random crashes in the VM.

Cincom sent us a test version of a 7.10 engine with some memory related fixes, and that did the trick.

(As far as I know there is not yet a final fix for 7.9.1 available).

One of the drawbacks for us of the 7.10 is a somewhat changed behavior with command line parameters.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Re: aix core dump

Gary Peterson-2
Thank you Peter,

We tried your suggestion - 7.10; much more testing to go -- but so far it has solved our core dump issues.

Thank you very much,