ajax interval + clearTimeout for keep alive

ajax interval + clearTimeout for keep alive

Bob Nemec
Hello,
I use the following to keep a session from expiring while a user has the browser open...

        html script: (
            html jQuery ajax
                callback: [ "Do nothing" ];
                interval: 10 minutes)

...it works fine, but what I would also like to do is to stop the script after a couple of hours, and allow the session to time out normally.

What is a clean way to add a clearTimeout() to this with Seaside code?

I'm working on some raw javascript to do this, but it would be nice to code it in Smalltalk.

Thanks,
Bob Nemec
HTS

Bob Nemec

Re: ajax interval + clearTimeout for keep alive

jelena